Chapter Thirteen: Realization.

If you guys haven't noticed, I have a new story up! If you want to see how I write a story that's completely original, go check out the prologue! It's about a girl that's numb because of a shooting. Don't worry, it'll get better xD
Edit: I got rid of the bite part because it seemed really cringey to me :') sorry to those of you who liked it, and you're welcome to those of you that were uncomfortable from it!

After the incident with Draco, Hermione decided to read up on that 'pull' she felt. She thought it felt more like an instinct, so she read into some magical creature stuff. She slowly flipped to the 'romance' section, because she felt that most resembled what she felt. She started to read.

Creatures have a soul bonded person that they are meant to be with. A 'mate' is what this person is called. The two will feel a connection nearing the youngest's 17th birthday. It is possible this feeling can be earlier if the young one is powerful. They will feel a 'pull' or a desire to be closer to each other. There is a submissive in the pair, and a dominant. The dominant is most likely male and older, but any combination is possible. The dominant will feel urges to protect and provide for the submissive. They are extremely possessive. The submissive will feel the urge to stick by the dominant's side for safety, and perhaps care for them and make sure they are happy. The submissive is just as possessive as the dominant. These two are meant for each other and there is no truer love than the love of two mates.

Hermione blinked. That lined up with her own creature blood, as she was part Dark Veela, vampire, and siren. But was Draco a creature also? And if so, what would he be? Probably not a vampire, as those generally have darker hair. Definitely not a Dark Veela. Probably not a siren, as those are feminine. Maybe...a Light Veela? He definitely fit the description. Pale skin, light/blond hair, pale eyes, smooth skin, handsome features. It made complete sense! It must run in his family, as those traits are shared with his father, mother, and other relatives.

She finally decided that was what was happening. That would explain her feelings towards him, but did he feel the same? She hoped so. Rai walked in at that moment. He looked at what she was reading and stated, "Oh, you think you've found your mate? That Draco boy, huh?" She blushed deeply and looked away. "I-I dunno, maybe?" She said, stuttering anxiously. Rai grinned and walked out again, drinking his coffee along the way. Hermione watched him leave, and decided to go find Draco. But just as she went to walk out the door, she bumped right into the blond boy.

He gasped. "Hermione!" He exclaimed. "Draco!" She echoed. "We're mates!" They said in unison, pointing to what they were each holding. Hermione held the creature book, while Draco held a letter from his parents. Hermione blinked at him, and he blinked back. Then they both grinned, chuckling. "Hermione, is there something you haven't told me?" Draco mused, and curious as to how they could be mates if she wasn't a creature. Hermione blushed and grinned sheepishly. "I uh...I'm part Dark Veela, siren, and vampire." Draco beamed. "I'm a Light Veela!" He exclaimed happily. Hermione grinned. "I knew it!" She exclaimed triumphantly. Draco blinked. "Knew what?" Hermione glanced up at him and chuckled. "I was just debating on what creature I thought you were." Draco stuck his tongue out.

Hermione chuckled. "So you felt it too?" She asked quietly. Draco nodded, smiling slightly. "I was worried you wouldn't feel the same way about me. I've had a crush on you ever since I met you, Hermione. I was always just too caught up in pureblood culture and pleasing my father to accept my love for the mudblood I thought you were. I'm sorry for judging you Hermione." Hermione smiled. "It's okay. Honestly, I felt the same way about you. But I thought you would never love me because I was a muggleborn and you were a snobby pureblood." Draco wrinkled his nose up at the world snobby and Hermione burst into laughter.

Hermione leaned forward, her forehead landing on Draco's chest as she sighed. "So now everything makes sense," she mused. Now she understood why she was always relaxed around Draco. She eventually felt a hand in her hair as she felt Draco's chest rumble with his response. "Mhm." Draco looked down at her. "Y'know, I'm kinda curious. What do you look like in your creature form?" Hermione blinked. "I haven't actually transformed yet. We could go to the lake and see what I look like?" Draco smiled. "Of course. I'll transform too." They soon apparated there.

Hermione examined the water. It seemed to call out to her, so she obeyed her instincts and stepped into the water. She dove deep under, her legs transforming into a long emerald green tail that fades to white at the end. Its scales sparkled beautifully as she found herself not needing air. She came back up, brushing the hair out of her face as she laughed. "Woah! That was great!" She exclaimed. She looked at Draco, who was sitting on the ground and watching her with a dazed look. "Draco?" She asked curiously. He seemed to snap back to reality as he smiled. "It's just you're so beautiful, your eyes sparkle and glow now." She grinned, winking at him.

"I think I can also turn them red and grow fangs," she added, slowly climbing out of the water as her tail shifted back into her porcelain legs. "Oh, and because of my Veela blood I can grow black wings, and claws too I think. Oh! My ears are pointed too!" She brushed her hair behind her ears and Draco beamed. "They're so cute!" He exclaimed, looking at them wide eyed. Hermione giggled and looked away, blushing slightly. Black, soft, feathery wings suddenly sprouted from her back. She shrieked with surprise, flinching. Draco started snickering. "Yeah, that happens when you feel a particularly strong emotion," he said, smiling with amusement. Hermione blushed, the wings fluffing up slightly. Draco smiled wider, his own white wings bursting from his back. His were larger than Hermione's, but that was alright, because they fit him.

Hermione giggled. "Yours are pretty," she mused, leaning against a rock. He blinked, looking back. "Oh, I hadn't noticed them."

Hermione smiled a bit. "Well, I did. And they're gorgeous."