Prologue

On December 26th in the year 1758, a small hot air balloon flew to the surface of the Abyss, with a box full of small artifacts, a book and white whistle in it.

Everything was taken by the government, and no one got to see what was truly written in the papers of that book.

A few years passed by, and almost everyone knew who had sent that box, it was "Lilith the small one." A well known white whistle that went on an expedition in the year 1757 and never came back.

Rumors flew from mouth to mouth, those that didn't forget about the incident were still theorizing about the contents of that book, but in reality, no one really knew. Some people said that was a personal letter, probably directed to her young daughter, or maybe her mother, but everyone dismissed that possibility, because, after the day that letter came, Lilith's family was nowhere to be found.

One day it was decided, that the best way to find out what those pages had to tell was stealing it from those that kept it a secret. A man that worked for the government told a few people where the book was hidden, and in the blink of an eye, after the plan to steal it was successful, the contents were revealed.

"It's cold. Since I stepped for the first time in the sixth layer I just feel cold. I've been looking for Ilblu for days now, but It seems that I'm completely lost."

Twenty people were crowded around the book to keep on reading, everyone pushed each other, to try and see even with the glimpse of an eye what the book said.

"Jordan came with me. A black whistle on the sixth layer, huh? This is what loves does to you, it makes you irredeemably stupid, you blindly follow those you love, even if that means death.

I asked him to come back, I was on my knees, who was going to take care of our little girl if we both died on the bottom of this hell hole? Who was going to tell her what I've seen here? It didn't matter how much I cried and begged, I grabbed him by his jacket and implore him to promise that he would come back and be there to see Sara grow up, when I finish, he jumped down, to this cold cave be to call the sixth layer."

- Did she go crazy? – A person in the crowd asked.

- Maybe that's why they hid the book away. I've heard around that she had a weak mind, maybe she broke...

"I left Jordan's body behind." The book had a broken page, with blood on it.

"Whatever that creature was, it was worse than a monster... If the abyss is a god, then, inside god is where Satan lives.

I tried burying him, but the rocks were too thick and too hard to make a good enough hole for him. I fantasized a bit about eating him. That smell that I grew to love..."

- So, she did go crazy...- People were disappointed. It was normal for stuff written by crazy people in the abyss to be dismissed as false, that was probably the reason why the book was never revealed, it was just mumbo jumbo from a crazy woman that had her life and the life of her husband taken away by the Abyss himself. A tragic story maybe, but, not as exciting as everyone in that group of people wanted it to be.

Some people got annoyed and left. Around ten people stayed and continued with the task of reading it till the end.

"Something ate my leg as I was sleeping, I didn't feel it, actually, I still don't feel it, it's completely scarred by now. Could it be that I have been sleeping for a month here?

I can't move anymore, I can only write, for a moment I thought it was time for me to leave this world, but then I realized that I already left this world behind the moment I entered this layer.

I've been drawing and writing about everything I found on my adventures, maybe it'll be worth something. Maybe it'll help people understand why they should never go this deep."

When they switched to the next page everyone got excited in no time flat. Everyone thought that the book was going to be a long diary, lots of white whistles wrote diaries in the past.

" The Bell of Resilience.

This is a bell I found in the fourth layer. I call it "The bell of resilience" because I found it in a field of "flower of resilience" it doesn't seem to do anything special, I think it's a low tier relic, but it's small and I can have it in my pocket without a problem.

First observation: The bell seems to do a sound every time we go hunting, it does it especially loud when we're close to a dead prey.

Second observation: We had a half-eaten corpse of a Neritantan close to us as we slept, the bell wouldn't stop making sounds. Finally, I took it out and put it close to the rotting corpse, the legs of the Neritantan started twitching as if it were alive, the animal also tried to do sounds although it sounded like squeals of pain.

I was wrong. This is a high tier relic, it seems like it can bring creatures back to life, at least for a few seconds. When I tried to re-revive the dead animal, it wouldn't work.

Third and last observation: I've been carrying around the body of Jordan for days now, it just now hit me that I can use the bell on him.

It worked, it worked for like a minute, he told me how much he loves me and our daughter, he cried tears of blood, and his finger started to rot even faster than before. If there was any life inside Jordan's body I took it away for my own pleasure, for my own desire to hear his voice again."

- They're there! – Someone screamed from one of the houses nearby. A policeman came from one side of the road and everyone started running "I'm going to jail" was the first thought in everybody's mind.

The man with the book was called "Loris", he escaped with Lilith's book, this is the story of how he got to the bottom.