Chapter 2

Ring....ring...ring

I jump from the bell and look around as everyone was piling out. I bite my lip but immediately regret that because it hurt. I jump and play it off cool, just in case someone was watching. I pack my stuff away but keep the journal out. "Guys, remember to where orange tomorrow!" Miss. Cimorelli shouts as everyone is either putting their journal away or exiting the room. I walk over to the locker case and wait a moment. I stare at the journal. "Y/N?" I slowly move my eyes up and look at the teacher. "You alright?" I nod my head and cautionly place the journal in the basket. I back up and go to walk out the room, when the bell rings. Crap. "Y/N, I can give you a pass." I turn around and see Miss Cimorelli already writing one. She turns around in her chair and hands me the pass. I thank her and head to my next class.

Finally it was the end of the day. I didn't encounter those stupid girls, thankfully. They really annoy me. I remember them from last year. Always picked on me. Sigh. I walk my way home. Getting home I see my aunt running out of the house. Yelling at my father. My father yelling back. I stay where I am and see my little sister, Chloe in the back seat of my aunt's car. I rush over but I hear my name shouted. The yelling had stopped. I slowly turn around and meet my father's eyes. "You're staying here. Chloe's going with your aunt." I look at my aunt, tears forming in my eyes. She gives me an apologetic look and I could see she had been crying. "Go start dinner, Y/N!" I jump at his tone and run inside the house. I run back to my room and set my backpack down on my bed. Then quickly go to the kitchen and start dinner for him.

After about half an hour he comes inside and I hand him his food. He doesn't say anything, only takes the food and heads into the living room. No thank you whatsoever. I sigh and grab a beer. I take it into him. He takes it and then tells me to leave. Of course I do because last time I didn't, it ended really bad. When I leave the living room I walk into the kitchen and grab a small amount of food for me and a water. I run back to my room and shut the door. I sit on my bed and eat and drink. I don't eat much, father says it's not healthy.

I finish up and get on my phone. Just playing candy crush. Don't have anything better to do. But just as I finish a level my father calls me. I get up quickly and stand in front of him in the living room. "It's time." I nod. I close my eyes and soon feel the pain.

_______________________________________

October 9

I lay unable to move. He left. Went on business so he made it extra painful. It's already the next day and I can't...can't even get up. It hurts so much. But I have to get up, I have to force myself. He'll kill me if he knew I skipped. I crawl towards the couch and lift myself up. I sit on the couch and feel horrible. Completely horrible. I lift my arm up and see the marks the beer bottle has made. It looks horrifying. I turn my arm over looking at my knuckled, my hands, my fingers. Covered in bruises. It's impossible to cover those up. The face, arms, legs, body, easy. Hands, impossible. I look down and shut my eyes. Letting a few tears escape.

I push myself up off the couch and limp to my room, changing quickly when I notice the bruises on my ribs and my stomach area. Where he'd kick me for hours to just see bruising. I close my eyes as I pull my shirt over my head. I grab a sweatshirt and put it on quickly. I run my hand through my hair and then look at my face. Ugly. Pathetic. Just like everyone at school has said. I shake my head and slip my shoes on. I grab my backpack and I'm off to school.