Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

THE MOMENT SHE opened her eyes, she squinted them as the light from the open window filled her sight. She tried moving, but her body remained immobile. Only her eyes can move freely and she immediately frantically looked around, observing her surroundings as she tried to move her body, but to no avail.

She tried wiggling her toes or her legs, but nothing. She can't feel anything. She tried to move everything, but nothing happened.

What happened?

A familiar fear consumed her. Instinctively, she immediately seek pain. Anything that can wake her up from this nightmare. But nothing. Her fear intensified and she was sweating bullets. She felt like it's about to swallow her whole when the door of the room opened.

Awtomatikong tumingin doon ang mga mata niya, nagdarasal na sana hindi iyon ang ama niya. Her nightmares has always been vivid. So vivid that it rendered her weak when she woke up.

Her pulse immediately quickened when she saw a man, a stranger, in a white coat with two women in white uniform behind him. Her mind was shrinking away, it was sending a warning through out her body, but she couldn't move.

She wanted to leap out from the bed, to get away from these strangers, but nothing. She couldn't move.

"Hello, Mrs. Valcarcel," anang lalaki sa kanya habang ang dalawang babaeng kasama nito ay sinusuri siya at ang mga makinaryang nakakabit sa katawan niya.

"I am your private doctor, Dr. Jacobe. You'd been in a coma state for three weeks now." He smiled, but it made her fear him even more. "I know, you're afraid, but you don't have to worry. You're safe here. For the meantime, hindi mo pa maigagalaw ang katawan mo. But give it days. It's nice to see that you're finally awake." He smiled at her, but his smile did not erase the panic in her system. "We've already called your husband and informed him about your health improvement. He's on his way from Japan."

Pilit niyang ipinipilig ang ulo at ibinubuka ang labi para magsalita pero naninigas ang bibig niya at walang lumalabas na salita dahil siguro sa nakabaong plastik na tubo sa bibig niya. Tanging daing at ungol lang ang tunog na kaya niyang gawin na mas lalong nagpapalala sa takot niya.

It seems the doctor saw how uncomfortable she was with the tube in her mouth, so, he carefully and slowly pulled it out.

Nang mawala ang tubo sa bibig niya, humugot siya ng isang malalim at mahabang hininga saka namamaos ang boses na pilit na nagsalita kahit nananakit ang lalamunan niya.

"Na—u—h-haw," namamalat ang boses niya. "U-u-h-haw a-k-ko."

Kaagad na inutusan ng doktor ang isa sa mga babae nitong kasama na kumuha ng tubig saka nilagyan nito ng straw ang baso bago iyon inilapit sa kanya at pinainom siya.

Uhaw na uhaw siya kaya madali niyang naubos ang tubig.

"More?" the doctor asked.

Mahirap man, pinilit niyang tumango.

The doctor smiled. "Go ahead, Justina," anang doctor sa babaeng walang emosyong nakatitig lang sa kanya. "Go get some water for Mrs. Valcarcel."

Her brows slowly furrowed. She was confused. Why does he keep calling her Mrs. Valcarcel? Sino si Mrs. Valcarcel? Ano ba ang nangyayari?

"N-na—saan a—k-ko?" namamalat at nanginginig ang boses na tanong niya sa doktor na inilapat ang stethoscope sa dibdib niya kung nasaan ang puso niya na mas lalong nagpalala sa takot na nararamdaman niya. "A-an—n-nong nang—y-yari s-sa—ki—n?"

Masuyo siyang nginitian ng . "Huwag kang ma-alala, Mrs. Valcarcel, you're in a safe place."

"Si—no s-si M-Mrs. V-Valc-car—c-cel?" naguguluhan niyang tanong.