Versus the Wolves at the Door

Start from the beginning

"Dude, I am scared too but you gotta work with me here." Veracity reasoned with him.

Spyder nodded, calming down. "Okay. You're right."

"Yeah." Veracity said.

"I'm okay," Spyder told himself. He then checked his surroundings and began to freak out. Veracity attempted to calm but Veronica jumped at the window, which scared them.

"They can smell my tender meat!" Spyder cried out, petrified.

Veracity ignored Spyder's next comment and squinted her eyes at the wolf. She wondered why it was a different color and how a wolf could be such a bright color.

MInutes later, Harper contacted everyone.

"Hey guys, I may know where Ryan is."

"What about Veronica?" Harris asked.

Veracity stared at the wolf and chuckled, thinking it's crazy. "I think I may know where she is."

Spyder gave her an odd look, "I think you're going crazy Veracity."

"Possibly, but have you noticed that one of the wolves has red fur and has green eyes." Veracity questioned, staring at the red wolf who was sniffing the ground.

"Hmm, I didn't pay attention to the animal that was trying to eat us!" Spyder raised his voice, sarcastically.

Veracity rolled her eyes. "I wish I had a paper clip."

Spyder dug in his pocket, "Do you want, uh, a bobby pin?"

"Why do you have a bobby pin?" Veracity asked.

"To pick locks-I mean, uh, to keep my smooth hair in place." Spyder quickly corrected.

One of the wolves jumped at the door, startling the two.

Veracity grabbed her Mech-Link and began to fidget with it.

"Please tell me whatever you're doing is going to work?" Spyder asked, nervously.

"You guys have fought tons of monsters and you're freaking out over wolves?" Veracity asked, bewildered.

"Wolves-" Another wolf barked. "Are able to imitate your grandmother, they fooled that girl in the red hood. They're sneaky, which I thought was cool until now."

Veronica continued to bark and harass these two until they leave.

Veracity messed with the mech-link so a screeching sound produced from the device. She opened the door and made the wolves listen to the irritating noise. Veronica barked right in Veracity's face, showing that the noise had no effect on them.

Veracity hastily returned inside the closet and shut the door.

"Did it work?" Spyder asked, an as a response Veronica barked at them.

"Okay, I know this is crazy but I think the red wolf is Veronica." Veracity guessed.

"We found Ryan." Mark's voice came through the mech-link. "But it's crazy, he's seeing us as enemies."

"It must have something to do with Mech-X5," Harris added on.

Veronica growled at the two nonstop.

"Ryan was still connected to the robot when it got ripped in half, almost like his mind got ripped in half too. The last thing he saw was Traeger or Veronica."

"It's like his brain is stuck in a loop or something." Veracity continued.

"And he keeps repeating, 'Don't hurt Veronica.' Harris added.