#30

Mason's P.O.V

Liam came up behind me.

Liam- Can I talk to you?

Mason- Yeah.

Liam- So, I tried to.....

We were walking when we saw a bus pull up in front of our school. Liam's old school. Davenport prep. He got kicked out last year for completely trashing the coach's car. He's got I.E.D. So, everyone there hates him basically. Especially Brett Talbot, and the feeling is mutual. 

Mason- Dude, you're playing Davenport Prep today.

Liam- I just realized that.

Liam says through gritted teeth.

(Y/N) P.O.V

I see some boys from the team that we are going to play come up to Liam and Mason. I think it's Davenport Prep.
It looks like things are getting heated. I better go check on everything.

Liam- Hi Brett.

Brett- Liam..... How are you doing with your new coach?

Brett smirks and Liam steps closer to him.
I jog up to all of them.

(Y/N)- Everything ok over here?

Brett- Yeah, did Liam over here destroy anything yet?

(Y/N)- What?

Brett- It's kinda cute when you think about it. He's like a mini hulk.

He laughs.

Liam- Grr.

Brett- Alright. Whatever mini hulk...

(Y/N)- Hey! Don't talk to Liam like that!

Brett- Oh! Look at that. Your little girlfriend's sticking up for you. That's adorable.

(Y/N)- You're so gonna get it.

Brett- What are ya gonna do? Hit me?

(Y/N)- Hmm, more like tackle. Brett, I'm gonna settle things on the field.... Where I can kick your butt and not get arrested for assault.

Brett- Feisty and cute, I like you.

Liam gets very mad once he said that.

Brett- Ah, I see.

Brett looks straight at Liam and grins.

Brett- So sweetheart.... you're on the team?

(Y/N)- Yes, yes I am....and the name's (Y/N). Not sweetheart.

Brett- But sweetheart suits you more.

(Y/N)- Not really.

Brett- Aw. Is Liam getting mad?

He teases.

(Y/N)- I'll show you how much of a sweetheart I am on the field. See you then. Come on Liam.

Liam- Grr... Mhm.

I grab his arm and Mason's and pull them both in the direction of the boy's locker room.

(Y/N)- Ok! Can someone please explain who that was and what exactly just happened?!

Liam- I have a problem with my anger. They diagnosed me as an I.E.D patient.

(Y/N)- I.E.D. Intermittent Explosive Disorder?

Liam- Yeah, I have a little problem with my anger.

(Y/N)- Does Brett know about it?

Liam- Yeah. Everyone at Davenport Prep knows about it. I destroyed the coaches car. I didn't transfer I....

(Y/N)- You got kicked out.

Liam- Yeah. You must completely hate me now and think I'm a total jerk.

(Y/N)- Who cares that you have I.E.D? Who cares that you wrecked some coach's car? Who cares about you getting kicked out of your last school? I sure don't. It's what's made you, you and it's in the past anyways. So who cares?! All you and I should be caring about right now is crushing Brett's team. We're gonna crush Brett's team today. Got it?

Liam- Yeah.

Mason- Looks like you guys got this handled. I'm gonna go.

Mason leaves.

(Y/N)- So, is this what has been going on?

Liam- No. I...

Scott- (Y/N)! I was looking for you everywhere!

(Y/N)- Scott, I'm fine. Now come on! All of us! We need to get ready for practice!

Scott runs up to me and hugs me while all the other boys pour into the locker room and the bell rings for practice.