07:00 - Tales Of The Heart

Start from the beginning

I blinked. "What?" I looked around. "I a-am sixteen."

"Isn't that better?" He said and gripped my butt. I tensed up and I wasn't thinking as the next thing I did was to react immediately. I pulled back my arm and punched him in the face. He finally let go off my arm as he winced and screamed in pain.

"Fuck!!" He yelled.

I stumbled backwards and began to walk faster and then run.

"Come back here you little shit!" He said and I could hear him chasing after me. The road suddenly felt like I wasn't familiar with it.

I ran into a dark street that had no lights and it felt like my heart dropped. As I ran, his hand gripped my hair and he pulled me back, throwing me to the ground.

I looked up at him, I was covered in fear as I crawled backwards. "You really think I'd let you go?"

Elvis, you cannot get raped.

I told myself.

He reached for me and I kicked him. I stood up, ready to run but he pulled me back and threw me to the ground. He got on top of me and fear gripped me. I began hitting his chest as I screamed for help. He punched me once, twice and I covered my head to avoid more direct hits.

But then it stopped and I felt his weight get lifted off me. I took off my arms and saw him being thrown to the ground and a guy got on him and began punching him harder than I ever could while I sat there, shaking.

The boy kicked the man and picked up a plank to hit him with. "Get away, fucking cunt!"

The man was bleeding from the side of the head and staggered as he went away. The boy came back to me, his face in frame.

"Shit. Are you okay? That man was gonna rob you."

I said nothing, still trying to make sense of this.

"Elvis?" He frowned as if suddenly recognising me and I looked up at him. I didn't know who this boy was. He pushed his brunette hair backwards.

"It's me, Chase, from school."

Chase.

I didn't know any Chase from school.

"Here." He offered me his hand and I looked at it and back at him.

There we were, under a street light that kept flickering. And finally, when it stayed on, I let out a breath. He was perfect.

He was the prettiest boy I had ever seen.

"Come on, let's get you up. This place isn't exactly safe to be at at night." He said with the warmest smile.

It was on this night, Chase Hawkins stole my heart.

PRESENT TIME

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if my mother was still alive, how happy we'd all be. How I'm gonna make her keep reading me bedtime stories till I'm like twenty just to hear her voice. How Clarissa and her kids would have never come into my house and make my life miserable, it was like my dad wasn't himself. He actually wasn't, my dad was the smartest man in the world so how come he's being stupid now and don't see what's going on? This is a question I've asked myself over the years, continuously.