12 - The End

26th December 2016 - The Big Day

"Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you the bride and groom - Mr and Mrs Horan." 

I watched through a blurred pool of tears as my beautiful best friend bounded into the room, her fingers interlocked with the man of her dreams at her side. They both beamed, oozing with a happiness and satisfaction I don't think either of us could have ever imagined. Harry's arm tightened around my waist as Nola sat on his hip, fiddling with her tiny basket of flowers. 

The ceremony had gone without a hitch. There were no cold feet or objections. No-one was late. Louis and Zayn hugged on arrival. Even I had managed not to trip over my dress, despite Harry's very distracting hungry gaze the whole way down the aisle. Niall had burst into tears the moment Elenore had appeared, hand tightly clutching mine, and I'd never felt more emotional as I'd stepped to the side and observed them begin the new chapter of their life together. 

Guests swarmed in on them like vultures but Elenore's high pitched laugh still managed to ring through the frantic buzzing. Harry's lips pressed gently against the side of my head before doing the same to Nola's. 

"If I can please ask everyone to take a seat." Niall's father announced and the crowd that had formed around them quickly dispersed to their assigned tables. 

Nola was passed off to Anne and Robin who sat with Gemma, her boyfriend and the rest of the One Direction family members, whilst Harry and I made our way to the top table. It felt strange, sat in front of all these familiar and unfamiliar faces, especially as I was the only one representing Elenore's family. She sat beside me, practically bouncing with excitement in her seat, whilst Harry sat further down sandwiched between Louis and Greg. 

Niall stood up, kissed Elenore's hand, and turned his attention of the guests seated in front of us. "Hello everyone!" He announced nervously and few chuckles sounded in the room. "Firstly, on behalf of myself and my wife," A cheer erupted and Niall blushed. "Let me just say a huge thank you to each and every one of you who made the effort to celebrate this special day with us. Especially to those of you who do not live locally." There was another cheer and few raised pints of Guinness from a table of Irish family members before he continued. "It's been a whirlwind of a year, what with getting engaged only eleven months ago. But when I knew I wanted Elenore to be my wife, I wanted her to be my wife as soon as possible."

A few droplets of water spattered onto the cream tablecloth in front of me and I swiped frantically at my eyes, careful not to ruin the intricate makeup on my eyelids. Elenore curled a hand around one of my own, not taking her eyes off of her husband. She watched him in awe and my heart swelled. If anyone deserved this, it was Elenore. I felt angry that her parents had never given her a chance. Angry that they'd never see her on this day, positively glowing. I'd never felt prouder to call myself her best friend. 

"I first met Elenore when another little lady stumbled into my life." Niall's eyes drifted over to where Nola sat perched on her grandmother's lap. She looked ridiculously adorable in the dress that Elenore had chosen. Anne whispered something in her ear and pointed up at Niall. "So I've got to say, Harry," he turned to my boyfriend on his right hand side. "Thank you so much for knocking Marnie up." 

The entire room exploded into laughter. My cheeks flushed furiously and I tried to bury my face in my free hand but Elenore forced it away, grinning at me proudly as if I'd just won an award. Niall nodded at me, his expression just as amused, before turning back to everyone else. 

"Anyway!" he chuckled. "Elenore will agree with me when I say our relationship has been an experience, but baby," he turned to her, extending his hand. I released mine from her grasp and she accepted his eagerly. "This is an experience I never want to come to an end."