'How many times do you have to be told this?!? You slept with another f*cking girl and you slept with that b*tch when Hattie was in the pack house. Plus you didn't lock the f*cking door so Hattie walked in on you.'

'Oh.' I answer in shock. The cost of my actions finally sinking in. 'I f*cked up.'

'Big time, Mr. Alpha.' Rocco confirms, nodding his head as he lays down with a sigh.

•••••

"Dax!!!" Yelled a voice as I was walking to my office the next day.

"What?" I ask, annoyedly. Turning to see a person tackling me to the floor. There's only one person the can do that.

"It's me, Dax!!!" Yells the person. I come to my senses and realize that it's Charlie. She's back from her trip to Bali.

"Hey Charlie," I exclaim, lighting up a bit. "What are you doing back so soon?" I ask, pushing her off of me.

"Well I got out early from the training." She replies, standing up and offering her hand to me. I grab it and she pulls me up. "And I heard from your dad that you found your mate. That's so exciting!! Can I please please meet her?" She asks with puppy dog eyes.

"So about that...." I start, looking down. "We should sit down this might take awhile."

"I don't like the sound of this." She says slowly, sitting down in the chair on the opposite side of my desk.

I start to explain everything that has happened since she's been gone. Everything about Hattie and my dad. About her sister and what the pack doctor told me. At the end of it she had an expression on her face of anger and disappointment.

"Dax, I don't know what to say..." She starts.

"Yeah, I know." I reply sheepishly. "I f*cked up."

"Dax, that's an understatement." Charlie answers quietly. "You might've just messed up your whole life."

"Yeah, I know." I repeat, casting my eyes down to my hands. "So I was wondering if you would be my date for the gala so my pack doesn't think anything bad happened."

"I would, Da-"

"Thank you, Charlie." I exclaim, looking up to her as a solemn look spread over her face.

"Let me finish," Charlie starts. "I would Daxton but you have a mate. Your pack knows you have a mate. I don't want to pack to hate me for being what it looks like a side chick."

"They wouldn't hate you." I say, crossing my arms. "I won't let them hate you."

"Yeah, I know you can control your pack but what about your mate?" Charlie shoots back as she stands up.

'Oh yeah.' I remarked, closing my eyes.

'Did you forget about your own mate?' Rocco exclaims, shaking his head.

'Maybe.' I reply sheepishly. Rocco makes this noise that is something between a snort and a laugh. 'It wasn't on purpose.' I claim, rolling my eyes at my wolf.

"Hey Daxton I'll get back to you about the whole ball thing. I know I'm going to go I just don't know if I want to go with you or not." Charlie explains getting up. "Now where would your sister be? I have to ask her about this mate of yours. Halie was it?" Charlie asks, hanging her head around the door.

"Harriet," I answer with a sad smile. "Or Hattie really since that what she goes by."

"Hattie," Charlie says slowly testing out the name. "I like it. She sounds like a fighter."

"Oh she is, Charlie," I tell her soberly. "Just you wait till you meet her." I add as Charlie walks out the door of my office leaving me with my thoughts and the wolf up stairs.

'That's still a bad thing.' Rocco pipes with a hint of humor in his voice.

'Whelp, I suck at this.' I mumble to myself, shaking my head. How can I be so bad at this?

'Yeah, like that wasn't obvious.' Rocco says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

'You suck.' I mumble, getting up from my desk.

'Then so do you.' Rocco counters as I walk out of my office and head to my room

'F*ck you.'  I grumble as I block him out

Author's Note:

HEYO!!! IM BACK AND IM NOT DEAD!! Sorry for falling off the map. I've been stupidly busy but I will try to be back to a regular updating schedule.

Yours,

Sebbie