Chapter 14

I walk out into the bright sunlight. I've been in the ward for three days now and any minute now my mother will be here to take me home. I go back into my room and double check that I packed all my things. I sit down on the bed and look over at my roommates side. she's 17 and has anorexia.

She doesn't look anorexic, but ,hey, don't judge a book by its cover.

"Knock, knock. it's Angela. Your mommas here sweetie."

I grab my bag and see my mom arguing with the woman behind the counter.

"Are you serious! I am not paying for all that. Do I look like I'm made of money!"

"Ma'am, you have to pay the bills. I'm sorry but it's not my decision, I don't make the rules."

My mom grabs a wad of cash out of her purse and forcefully throws it at the lady.

"Come on Summer, were leaving."

I don't try to argue with her. As soon as were both seated in the car she lets me have it.

"What the hell is wrong with you! Now I have to pay hundreds of bills that I don't have the money to pay with, all because you want fucking attention!"

"I don't want fucking attention mom! Why don't you just ask Bill to pay! I'm sure he pays for all your other shit!"

"Bill fucking left! And it's your fault! He said he couldn't handle your drama and crap." she is shouting so loud she's spitting.

"My fault!? it's not my fault! it's not my fault that your a shitty mother! it's not my fault your a whore and a drunk! it's not my fault you killed dad! it's not my fault your a bitch! and it's certainly not my fucking fault that Bill raped me!!"

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!" she shouts at me with pure rage before she slaps me with all her force.

I am stunned. As terrible a mother as she was, she has never hit me before. I can't handle this. I throw the car door open and run."