Rio De Janerio

"Emma, are you up?"
I sat up and drowsily looked around, "Um, yeah. I'm up." I called back.
I slipped on my favorite shorts and my old Green Day shirt and brushed my hair.
"You look positively rosy this morning." Alex said, stretching.
"I'm not used to getting up at seven in the morning." I said pinning my hair back.
"You're in college, and you're not used to getting up?" He asked.
"My earliest class was at ten every morning." I said brushing my teeth.
"Storm trooper!" I called.
Stormie appeared in the doorway, clearly hungover, "Yeah?" She asked.
"Did you find my converse I lent you?" I asked.
She scratched her head, "Um, hold on."

"Emma?" Jack called.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"I hate to be the bear of bad news, but.." he hesitated.
"Oh, come on with it Bad News Barakat." I said putting my hands on my hips.
"I just found out that Pierce The Veil is going to Brazil, on the same tour as us." He said.
I sighed, "Well, I guess if he sees me having fun, he'll regret letting me go." I said.
"You really think that'll work?" Alex asked.
"Shut up, I have to have something to get me through this." I said.

"Emma, we're leaving." Rian said.
I looked up, "Okay, I'm coming." I said.
I looked back at the picture I was holding, the last picture Vic and I took together, and sighed.

"You can sleep on planes, right?" Zack asked.
I nodded, "I did it all the time as a kid, when we'd go visit grandma and grandpa in Lebanon." I said.
"Good, because this flight's kind of long." He said.
"No worries. I'll be okay." I said smiling.
We didn't see Vic or the others at the airport, so we made a mad dash to board our plane, in case they showed up anywhere.
The flight wasn't actually very long, because I fell asleep on Zack's shoulder.
"EmKat, wake up, we're here." Zack whispered.
I sat up, "Brazil is...green." I said yawning.
"That's the rainforest princess." Alex teased.
I rolled my eyes, "Just get me out of this stink bubble." I said standing up.
While going through customs, Rian nudged me with his elbow, "Put your hood up." He whispered.
I pulled my hood up, and scooted closer to Jack.

"Hey guys, what's up?"
I recognized Mike's voice, and scooted further behind Jack, until I was hiding completely behind him.
"Customs is  a killer." Alex joked.
"Yeah no shit. We lost Vic somewhere between the plane and here." Tony said.
"He probably ran into a brazilian girl." Alex said.
I stepped on his foot.
"I doubt it, he's been really blue since he broke up with Emma." Mike said.
My heart swelled a little bit.
"He misses her." Tony added.
My heart felt like it was going to burst, and I had to all but bury my face in my brother's back to keep from crying.
"Why did he break up with her then? Emkat is a mess to say the least, she hasn't left her house in a week." Jack said.
I swiftly reached up and smacked him in the back of the head.
"It came as a surprise to all of us when he broke up with her. Well, we gotta go find Vic. We'll see you guys later." Mike called.
As soon as they were gone, Rian nudged me encouragingly.
I stepped back into view, took my hood off and looked at Jack and Alex.
I punched Jack in the shoulder, and Alex in the chest.
"Assholes." I muttered.
They both looked at each other.

We collected our bags and headed for the hotel.
"Do you think they're staying in the same hotel as us?" I asked.
Rian shrugged, "Don't know." He said.
I sighed, "I don't want to play hide and seek this whole tour." I groaned.
"Maybe you won't have to. Maybe we'll get lucky and we won't run into them." He said.
"You're on the same tour, we've already had one run-in, who's to say it won't happen again?" I asked.
He sighed, "Maybe it won't be as awkward as you think." He said.
I sighed, "Maybe." I said.

We checked into our hotel and got comfy in our rooms.
I shared a room with Alex and Jack.
"I'm sleeping alone." Jack said.
I sighed, "You're really going to make me share a bed with Alex?" I whined.
Jack shrugged, "I got you out of California, you can't expect me to keep doing you favors." He said flopping down on his bed.
I glared at him, and Alex picked me up in a hug, "Looks like we're bed-buddies!" He said.
"Alex, put me down, I can't breathe!" I cried.
He tossed me on the bed, "Sorry EmKat." He said.
I sighed and looked up at him, "I am not looking forward to tonight." I muttered.
"I'm going down to the snack room, I'm hungry." I said.
"Okay." Alex called.