CHAPTER THREE.

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

LIVING AGAIN
three—— new orleans, 2011.

Thick silence ruled between the two women as they sat in their living room, quietly sipping their drinks while waiting for the other to break the silence

Thick silence ruled between the two women as they sat in their living room, quietly sipping their drinks while waiting for the other to break the silence. Frances had just told Anne everything she had found out through the witches, that they had done a deal with Klaus and Elijah to bring down Marcel after Sophie Deveraux had linked herself to Hayley, the girl who had gotten herself pregnant with Klaus' child.

Apparently, because of Hayley being a werewolf, she had to be kept hidden because Marcel had gotten the werewolves cursed back in the 90s so they would be trapped in their wolf form. She had gotten tricked when Jane Anne told her she would find more about her family in the bayou, where she just got taken by the witches, who confirmed her pregnancy.

It only angered Anne more to hear what the witches had done, so she revealed to Frances what she had heard.

"So, the witches are lying," Frances finally broke the silence, looking up from the drink she had been sipping for the last half an hour. "They don't want to take down Marcel, they want to finish the Harvest, and to finish it, they need the girl-"

"Davina," Anne supplied for the third time, rolling her eyes.

Frances nodded. "Right, Davina, who you believe is who Marcel uses to find out who is doing magic in the quarter."

"It has to be," Anne replied, running a distressed hand through her hair as she met Frances' gaze. "He didn't say it, but it's the only reason he could know," Anne leaned back up from her seat, standing up and beginning to walk back and forth. "Think about it. The Harvest is supposed to be an offering of power for the Ancestors, and three of the four witches were killed, but Davina wasn't, so it couldn't be completed, which means all that magic couldn't go back to the Earth and instead went to her."

"And by absorbing it, she could feel whenever someone accessed the magic, because it's ancestral magic, they are all going to one direct source," Frances muttered in realization before snapping her fingers in Anne's direction, her eyes lighting up. "It all makes sense why Sophie wouldn't do the spell for Rebekah."

Anne stopped walking, whirling around to raise a brow in Frances' direction. "Spell? What spell would Rebekah need?"

"She said something about finding Elijah through a dagger," Frances replied, causing Anne's smile to drop, slamming her eyes shut while pinching the bridge of her nose. "What? What does that mean?"

"Do you remember what I told you? About Klaus putting his siblings in coffins throughout the centuries?" Anne questioned, to which Frances nodded in response. "Well, to do that, he uses a set of mystical daggers, he puts one of those in their hearts and they go to sleep until he removes it from them. Which means, he must have daggered Elijah."