Final Day

(aka The One Where They Say Goodbye To Crema)

Their final day in Crema had arrived. To Timothée it was bittersweet to go through the end of shooting and he knew Armie had felt the same way, although each one of them dealt with it in their own personal way; Armie had got mad at Luca and developed a little moody diva persona, while Timothée found himself a bit more retracted, distancing himself from people. But things had gotten better and, although he was indeed sad to leave Crema, Luca and Armie, he couldn't wait to see his parents and his sister.

Now he found himself walking the streets of Crema with Armie, a small smile on his face, as he walked just a few steps behind his friend and lover. He could see Armie stealing quick glances back at him; "what's up with you tonight?"

Timothée smiled, shaking his head; "nothing"

Armie stopped, turning over to his younger lover; "Timmy, you're a great actor, but you're quite the shitty liar"

"How dare you say that, I am a very good liar"

The older man laughed, "okay, then maybe you just can't lie to me, so what's going on?"

Timothée smiled, "I was thinking about how our lives kind of became a parallel to the movie; we're friends, then we kiss and develop this relationship and now we're going home," he said with a chuckle as Armie arched an eyebrow, "this is our night in Bergamo"

Armie smiled, "there's a difference, thought, you won't end up crying"

"Are you sure?"

"Our story doesn't end the same way, Timmy, sure things will be different, you'll go back to New York and I'll go back to Los Angeles, to my wife and kid, but..."

He reached for Timothée's hand and leaded him in a slightly more secluded place; leaning against a wall, Armie pulled Timothée closer to him, his thumbs slowly rubbing the younger man's cheeks.

"We'll still have the press tour and interviews, you can crash at my place whenever you are in Los Angeles and I'll crash at yours when I'm in New York; sure, we might not always find time and place to do the things we have been doing around here, but I don't plan on erasing you from my life...unless you want me to"

Timothée smiled, his hands now resting on Armie's shoulders; "I don't want that"

"Then it's settled"

Armie placed a kiss on Timothée's lips. That time though, Timothée could feel the kiss was different from all the previous ones; it was intense, powerful, clumsy, but it was also romantic, tender and even if they didn't want to accept, a goodbye.

***

After a long night of food and booze, Timothée and Armie were back to the apartment complex; they were loud, slightly drunk and falling into each other's arms. Again, no one would give two shits about it if they saw them acting this way; that's just how they were with one another.

As they reached the door to Timothée's apartment, the younger man walked in and leaned against the threshold; "I started the night thinking it would be kind of sad and all, but I really enjoyed it"

Armie smiled, "good, I'm glad you did"

"Would you spend the night here with me," started Timothée, "I know we have a plane to catch tomorrow afternoon and you probably have things to do and clothes to pack, but..."

"You don't need to explain yourself, Timmy"

"So you'll stay," he asked as Armie made his way past him and inside the apartment. Timothée smiled, closing the door behind him and then quickly made his way to the older man; he didn't want to waste any second with Armie, not when they were just about to leave each other for good.

He wrapped his arms around the older man's waist, burying his nose on Armie's neck, taking in his scent.

"What you wanna do," asked Armie.

"Nothing," was Timothée's answer as the older man chuckled. Armie wrapped his arms around Timothée's waist and pulled the younger man down to the bed with him.

"Then we'll do nothing," Armie whispered as they lied down on the bed, wrapped in each other's body. It was their last night in Crema and Timothée feared that it could indeed be their last night together.