Thirty-five: Quality Time with Elijah & Nik

I wake to Lijah running his fingers through my hair. I stir just enough to look up at him. He stops what he's doing and helps me sit up.

"Well hello there Elskling. Did you sleep well?"

I nod and move to lean against him. He instantly winds his arms around my waist.

"We really need for all of this to be over," I sigh. "I can't keep stressing like this. It's causing me physical pain."

Lijah kisses my forehead and brushes his knuckles against my stomach.

"I know sweetheart. That's why Nik and I are taking you on a trip as soon as this is over. We can tell you need it."

Smiling I look at him and kiss his chin. Lijah has none of my chaste kisses and smashes his lips to mine. The moments interrupted when someone knocks on the door.

"Love, can I come in?" Nik asks.

Lijah moves my so I'm sitting beside him. "You can come in, Nik."

He opens the door slowly and saunters in. He smells the air and smirks, his baby blue eyes turning a shade darker. He stalks towards the bed and pounces on me, leaving love bites on my neck.

"Nik!"

"Love, you smell different." He says when he moves away from my neck.

I furrow my eyebrows. Lijah also sniffs at my neck and nods in agreement.

"Different how?"

"I'm not entirely sure other than you smell sweeter. It may have something to do with shifting for the first time," Lijah states.

Would my scent really change that much because of shifting for the first time? Maybe Anna or Peter knows something more.

The burn of hunger licks at my throat and I swallow trying in vain to get it to go away.

"Isa, you need to feed. You haven't had enough the past few days." Lijah says offering his wrist.

I take it and bite. His blood flows into my mouth, I take long deep pulls until I feel sated. I remove my fangs from him and we both groan from the lack of contact. I push my long ebony hair away from my neck.

"Feed baby. You also haven't been fully fed for three days."

He does as he's told and Nik holds me close to him. Lijah retracts his fangs and kisses my neck.

"I love you both so much."

"I love you too Sweetheart."

"I love you too Elskling."