Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The demon whimpered softly as he begun to wake up. He rested his head gently against the smooth, warm back of the other male, relaxing while listening to Actaeron's smooth and rhythmic breathing. Elias shut his eyes tightly and lightly kissed up the male's spine until he reached the back of his neck. He stopped and hesitated. The male was still asleep. Slowly, he wrapped his tail gently around the other's thigh, resting his head on his shoulder and tightly wrapping his arm around his waist. He wasn't sure if the other truly loved him. He couldn't let him know about this. Slowly he stood up and looked at Actaeron over his shoulder. Slowly he got himself dressed and looked outside. It was still dark, not anything he could control. But he wanted to make the other proud of him.

Lightly, on his toes, he stepped, stair after stair down into the main hall before leaving the building. He stopped and took a deep breathe, closing his eyes and lifted his head towards the sky. Once his eyes opened again the stars reflected in his dark eyes. Elias smiled. Oh, how long it had been since he saw the stars. He looked ahead again. There was going to a few hours until the first trainees would be wakened for training. He quietly went into the training hall and turned on the lights. He shielded his eyes until they adjusted to the light. Time to get started...

****

Actaeron woke up when the sun hit his eyes and growled, rolling over. What idiot left the curtain open? When he opened his eyes again, Elias wasn't there. His heart jumped into his throat. He sat up quickly and hurriedly ran around, trying to get ready in a short amount of time. Elias could be anywhere, and what if he had been kidnapped? If he hurried he could find him. He ran down the stairs and caught one of the arms of a trainer.

"Elias, where is Elias? Have you seen him this morning?" The trainer just frowned and shook his head lightly.

"No, I am sorry. Have you checked the training hall? The lights have been on since early this morning. You might be able to find him there."

Actaeron let go of him, leaving 5 bruises of where his hand had dug into his arm. He ran from the building and went to the training hall, almost breaking down the doors as he opened them. He looked around then took a deep breath, trying to calm himself when he saw the small demon training with Actaeron's personal trainer. He smiled and slowly walked over to watch.

Elias was using quick movements to dodge the trainer's attempts to attack him. His black tail lashed behind him as balance. The boy looked like he had been doing this for hours. His hair wet and slicked back with sweat, his body shimmering in the light. It was... beautiful.

He watched the trainer's staff as he landed the strike into the boy's stomach, another to the side of his head. The small male crumpled to the ground, covering his face before standing again, slowly.

"Again... Let's go again." He said firmly. The trainer looked at him then looked at Actaeron. Slowly the male approached Elias from behind and gently placed his hand on his shoulder. Elias turned around quickly to face him. His nose was bleeding and one of his eyes was bruised, along with his cheekbone where he had just been hit. The boy's shoulders slowly bounced as his breathing was heavy, uncontrollable.

"Elias... I-"

"Are you not proud of me yet? I can go again! And I can run for 35 seconds now, wanna see?" Elias quickly interrupted and begun to make his way past him to the track. Actaeron sighed and grabbed onto his arm.

"How long have you been doing this? You look like shit." He muttered quietly. Terrified and hurt, the boy slowly turned to face Actaeron again, his eyes and head lowered.

"Since early morning, when it was still dark," he whispered, almost inaudibly. "I am sorry..." Actaeron gently lifted his head and looked at the many bruised and bleeding spots on his face.