Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Elias approached the tall man, dipping his head politely to him. "Sir?" He asked lightly. Excalibur stopped and looked at him, as he was training older and higher class hunters.

"What do you want, Elias?" The young demon shifted shyly, meeting his gaze.

"Actaeron ordered me to come to you for training to control my ability. " He spoke quietly, in fear of someone overhearing. Excalibur nodded.

"Alright," He said softly and looked at a girl sitting on an overhang, watching the training go on. "Kiani, take over."

The girl was pulled from her thoughts and turned her attention to look at him, and jumped from the overhang. She was dressed in similar armor Excalibur was, the armor shining gold and silver. She had an illorum sword in a sheath and guns in holsters on her side.

"Yes sir." She said lightly as Elias looked between the two, holding his hands behind his back as he stood to attention.

"Thank you, sir." Excalibur nodded.

"Follow." He said quietly and went through a door. The demon followed, nervous about what he was getting himself into. The man closed the door and turned to look at him.

Elias glanced at the door, rubbing his forearm. "So..." He murmured, not sure where to start. Excalibur sat down and relaxed.

"Show me your power."

Elias hesitated, looking down at his hands. He brought it forward, holding his palm up as black smoke began to swell and gather around his hand. It trailed down his arm and swirled around him. This ability wasn't common to have. The other watched where he sat, nodded as he observed the ability.

"Good, this power is a rare one, but it is very easy control however." He looked to the man, waving the smoke away but only having the remaining clouds follow him. He watched as they dissipated, nodding.

"Good, where do we start?" He asked.

Excalibur then moved to sit on the floor. "Sit across from me,"

Elias moved over and sat down in front of the male, brushing his long charcoal hair behind his shoulder before settling down. "Just relax. Feel the power that you hold run through you veins." He explained.

The boy did as he was told, taking a deep breath and letting his eyes drift close, his body relaxing.

"Now let all of that energy go." Elias breathed out, looking up at the other as a wave of power spread out from then and dissipated like a sound wave would.

The man smiled. "Very good." The boy hummed with a soft smile, nodding.

"Anything else?"

"No, just do that every day to keep it under control, like I said before, it is a rare ability, but easy to control." He explained as he stood up.

Elias nodded softly in appreciation, moving to stand. "Am I excused?"

"You are. Though I feel like you should stay and watch how I train. You could be in that position one day." Elias was about to walk off, but upon hearing those words, he stayed in his place.

"I would like that." He nodded, smiling softly. Excalibur nodded and smiled, walking out and leaving the door open

"Thank you Kiani, I'll take it from here." The woman looked back at him and nodded, sitting next to him as he stood in his place. Elias followed after the man, standing on his other side as he came up towards the training area. He glanced towards the woman, curious of the attire. He returned his attention to the training, intent of learning himself. She felt her eyes on him and turned her attention to look up at him.

"You do not hand to stand, come, sit." She said quietly to let the taller male focus. At her words, the demon moved to her and sat down.

"Thank you." He nodded.

The girl nodded in reply. "I am Kiani, by the way."

"I am Elias." He introduced, replying to her.

"Kiani don't sit too close, I don't want to step on you." Excalibur interrupted, making her look up at her. She nodded and scooted over. All the while Elias had casted the male a curious look, excited to watch.

"So you are in training?" Kiani asked, trying to regain his attention. The demon nodded, looking back at her.

"Started today." Kiani nodded, leaning back.

"Who is training you?"

"Actaeron." He murmured.

Kiani looked at him, surprised. "Really."

He raised a brow, nodding. "Yeah."

"Don't you think he is cute?" She whispered, making Excalibur nudge her with his leg, scolding her.

Elias snuck a glance at Excalibur, smiling as he scooted closer to her and lowered his voice.

"He is pretty cute." He whispered with a blush, making Kiani giggle.

"Kiani," Excalibur warned, looking down at her. "You are a soldier. Act like it." He ordered.

She sighed. "Yes, father." She murmured.

The smaller male looked between the two, surprised to find out they were related. Now that he thought about it, he had seen a resemblance. Slowly he settled back down, quieting himself.

"Sorry, I cannot act like a girl in front of his trainees." She murmured.

"You can act like anything you want around me." He assured her under his breath, shifting to get more comfortable.

The girl smiled. "I am the toughest girl here. If I don't set an example everyone will think it is okay to misbehave."

Elias nodded in understanding, smiling. "I get that." He murmured, the thought coming to his mind of what Actaeron was up to.

"What's with the horns?" Kiani asked, making the younger male pale significantly. Slowly, his hands moved up to touch the black horns.

"It's kind of hard to explain..." He muttered.

"He is a demon." Excalibur explained calmly. Elias coughed awkwardly, pointing to the man.

"Yeah... that..."

"Really? I've never met a demon before." She said quietly.

"Not what you expected? I am one of the smaller inces. More... Human." He shrugged.

Kiani nodded. "I think we will be friends." Elias smiled brightly, nodding his head in agreement.

"Me too." He murmured. It made the demon happy to think he actually had a friend.

"I'd like that." He added. The girl smiled and nodded.

Elias returned his attention to the training, taking mental notes.

"Got any gossip on Actaeron?" He asked, looking to Kiani.

"Um..." She paused, thinking for a moment. "He has plans on killing the strongest demon alive, Ballak, I think his name is. Elias' eyes widened, a shiver running up his spine.

"Oh..." He murmured.

Kiani nodded. "He can't do it."

"Why do you say that?" HE questioned.

She only shrugged. "He has tried before and gave up because of an injury." Elias nodded, rubbing his stomach where his scratches were.

"Poor guy," he whispered. "But he shouldn't give up, He-he can't." He stated.

"I know," Kiani retorted. "But it is just too hard."

"I suppose..." He muttered, brushing his bangs aside.

She looked at Elias, gasping as he ducked out of the way of a small throwing knife. One of the trainees was glaring at him, clearly upset that he had missed his target.

"What is that doing here?" He snapped, pointing an accusing finger at the startled demon.