Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Excalibur narrowed his eyes at the trainee. "Stand down. Now."

He ordered, standing in front of Elias. The other trainees naturally stood at attention, weapons at the ready if ordered to attack and defend. Elias was quick to scramble to scramble to his feet, the man not following orders.

"You're protecting what we destroy?" He questioned, enraged.

"I said stand down!" Excalibur shouted. Now, Kiani was standing, her sword out of the sheath resting on her side.

"He isn't like other demons!" She insisted.

The trainee looked past Excalibur, glaring at Elias with a deep hatred. He growled and backed off, the rest off the trainees relaxing their tense muscles as the other walked off in a hurry. Elias, suddenly hit with many different conflicting emotions, pressed his face into his hands. Kiani quickly spun on her heels and hugged him tightly.

"Are you okay?" She asked frantically while Elias unraveled himself and hugged her in return, nodded as he hid his face in her shoulder.

"I'm okay..." She sighed and nodded, slowly letting go. He pulled away, rubbing his forearm as he turned his gaze to the floor.

"Don't worry about it. He was just jealous because you're better than him." She whispered. Elias couldn't help but snort that, nodding his head softly after a moment.

"Thanks." He smiled. He looked to Excalibur, sighing. "Sorry for interrupting." He apologized. The man only shook his head.

"You were not the one who interrupted." He said softly. The small demon sighed, dipping his head in appreciation, making Kiani look at him.

The two exchanged glances before he returned his attention to the training, beginning to get hungry. Kiani sat down again, Elias doing the same and bringing his knees up to his chest. She leaned on him, making him glanced at her before he leaned his head against hers. Slowly she closed her eyes and Elias spoke up.

"Do you have any idea about where Actaeron might be? I should report back to him."

"He would be back in the tavern." She responded quietly.

"I'll head there then," he murmured, standing. "I'll catch up with you later." He smiled at the two before heading off towards the tavern.

Kiani nodded. "If he is not there, try the training hall."

Elias nodded, checking the training hall, only to find that his trainer wasn't around. He then went to the training hall, looking in. Actaeron stood, glistening with sweat, in battle with another man. The demon leaned against the threshold, watching the two dual quietly. He smiled to himself as he watched, thinking back to Kiani's question. He was really cute.

Actaeron was using a staff for battle, spinning it behind his back and hitting the man repeatedly with sharp, swift movement. Sparks flew from the staff as he hit the man, starting a small and quick fire. Elias' eyes widened. A soft gasp escaping his lips. The man collapsed as Actaeron dropped the staff and ran a hand through his hair, breathing heavily. Elias smiled, clapping softly.

"Nicely done." He complimented. The older male looked at him at the demon as he approached, his hands held behind his back.

"Excalibur taught me how to control my ability." He reported. Actaeron nodded.

"Good." He mumbled breathlessly.

"Any other plans?" The smaller male questioned.

"Do you want to continue with your strength?" Elias thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"Let's get a start on speed." The man nodded.

"Run around the track outside of the training arena."

Elias nodded, starting to run the train outside of the arena while Actaeron timed him, being a little winded when he came back around, stopping.

"Time?" He asked.