Before Prince Crow could say another word, Sun quickly grabbed a small goblet from the tray and drank the contents. Fire threatened to rip apart her throat, causing her to double over, grabbing at her neck. Her coughs could be heard over the music.

"Unbelievable," Crow grunted, looking around at the audience she was drawing. "If you stay, I'm keeping you company."

"What did I just drink?" Sun asked as she straightened.

"Well it certainly wasn't wine," Crow barked.

Whatever it was she drank, it caused her carelessness to double within seconds. Sun let out a wild laugh, welcoming the strange numbness that began eating away at her mind. She noticed Prince Crow again, and felt his hands at her waist as he steadied her. Sun laughed all the more.

"Dance with me."

"No," Crow said, causing Sun to frown. She didn't know why she chose to blurt those words out. Maybe it was because of the way he held her waist, much like Rogan had done as they danced.

"Is it because you can't dance? That's what I heard."

"Lies," Prince Crow purred as he pulled her close. " I can dance. In a sense, it is like a fight. I simply prefer to dance to a different drum."

The sound of the violin vibrated against her heart as the song changed. She took in Prince Crow's dark gaze and said, "Show me."

"You'll hate me even more by sunrise," Crow smirked as he began pulling her closer to the sea of bodies that gyrated to the exotic beat. Sun ignored his words as she began swaying to the music, her hips rotating beneath his hands. She knew how to dance to the sound of nature, to relax and let go of her worries, to allow her hips to sway to and fro as her arms raised to the air, pointing at the stars. She didn't know why she felt so free in that moment, even after everything that had happened to her.

She should have been in shock due to the amount of changes that took place in her life in the course of a few days. And she most certainly shouldn't have been dancing so freely in front of her captor. It was as if she didn't know who she was anymore.

"I feel so free," she blurted out, causing a low growl to erupt from Crow's throat as he pulled her against him.

"This isn't very lady-like, you know."

"I thought ladies don't exist under the castle."

"You certainly are full of surprises," Crow replied.

"Just don't go falling in love, my prince," she teased. She threw her head back and closed her eyes, allowing the feel of the music to drown out her worries. His body was hard, and the way he moved against her, matching her rhythm was exhilarating. She turned so that her back faced him and continued to dance.

Moments later, she opened her eyes just as a familiar figure approached.

"Princess Adel!" Sun exclaimed as she stopped dancing.

"Where have you been?" Adel asked, her eyes darkening at the sight of her brother. "I was looking everywhere for you."

"I have been with Prince Crow," Sun giggled. "Dancing."

"As I can see." Adel's face raged with disapproval as she gazed at Prince Crow. "Thank you for finding her, brother. I'll have her back now."

Prince Crow's hands tightened against Sun's waist. "I think not."

"I have to return her to the ball," Princess Adel stated. "Father is probably looking everywhere for her."

"Since when did you care about what father thought?" Crow asked, his voice was laced with anger. "She is safer with me."

"Come on, Sun," Princess Adel said, grabbing her arm to pull her away. "I'm sure you are ready to leave."

Crow pulled Sun's arm away from Adel's grasp. "I'm not letting her leave with you. This was all your doing to begin with."

Sun said nothing as she watched the feud grow between two siblings. It was clear they were both strong willed and wanted the same thing. Her. But what did she want? After everything that had happened to her against her will, what was it she truly desired?

The answer was simple. She wanted freedom. She'd always wanted freedom, and it was the very reason she hadn't broken down from the pressures and the weight now added to her life. She was finally away from that cottage, she finally was seeing the world and was being seen in return. She finally had the chance to dance with a boy and have no cares in the world.

Sun wasn't ready to return to her new room, where the pressures of her new life would drown her in her sleep. She wanted to keep dancing with Prince Crow, even though she knew she'd regret it in the morning. But it wasn't about him, it was about her and what she now wanted. And with the new title of countess, she'd claim everything she deserved.

"I'll stay," she told Princess Adel. "Thanks for your kindness, Princess. Please invite me to your next tea party. I can't wait to be friends."

"Friends." Princess Adel's smile was slow to form, but she nodded gracefully, accepting Sun's rejection. "It would be my pleasure."

And with that, Adel spun around, her diamonds reflecting on nearby walls as she departed. She was a sight to see, even in the dark.

Sun felt Prince Crow press against her back. "Don't let me have to warn you again," he whispered. Sun said nothing as she watched the princess go. "Trust no one while under the castle. They all want something from you."

"Even you?"

"Especially me." Prince Crow spun her around so that she faced him, and his eyes were hungry as they gazed over her nose, down to her lips, and on to the nape of her neck. He devoured the sight of her and all Sun could do was gulp in response, her body shaking under his command.

"And what is it you want?" Sun voice was barely above a whisper.

Crow's eyes brightened with delight. "Wouldn't you like to know."

"