Hide Your Secrets

It all started when Sans started having random coughing fits, then he would clutch at his chest, saying that his soul was burning, but what put him in a medical bed at his fathers' lab was when he started coughing black liquid, it dripped from his nose and eye sockets. 

His parents were worried, Gaster didn't know what to do. Pristina on the other hand was frantically looking through the sections of the Vampire books that she kept secret. In almost each book there was a section about vampire  illnesses.

After hours of flipping through the pages of the books, she found an illness that all of the symptoms that her son was experiencing... It didn't look good, the illness was fatal after four months, and incurable after three months. Luckily Sans was only two-and-a-half months into the sickness.

At the prospect of losing her son sent Pristina into a bout of tears and sobbing that lasted almost an hour. Looking further there was only one treatment for what was now identified as a soul decay. The one afflicted with the sickness had to have a soul relocation preformed. A couple optimal places were the palm of a hand, and in the center of an eye.

Seeing there was cure Pristina set off to the lab to heal her son, she was DETERMINED. 

~~~~At the lab~~~~

Pristina carefully maneuvered her way past the security and through the labs' maze-like halls. She was holding the large book that contained the curing ritual tightly to her chest. As she turned the corner she breathed a sigh of relief. Pristina had finally made it to the medical ward her son was in.

She quietly entered the room, making sure to close the door behind her. Pristina slowly made her way to Sans. She sadly looked down at her sleeping son, he was so small and weak looking, hooked up to a multitude of strange machines.

She flipped the book open to the correct page for the ritual, she couldn't fail, or else her son would parish. She wouldn't be able to deal with the loss of her sweet little boy. She set the book on a nearby table.

Suddenly Sans groggily opened his large eye sockets, the once bright green sparkling eye-lights, were now a dull mossy green. "mommy..?" His voice was small and raspy, he sounded as though a feather could dust him. 

Hearing her son sound and look so broken was breaking Pristina's soul, "Shh. Everything is gonna be okay sweetie. Mom's gonna heal you, soon you will feel all better." She spoke quietly and softly. "will it hurt?" Pristina sighed she couldn't lie, "Only for a moment, and then you will feel better. Okay?" Sans just weakly nodded his head.

As carefully as she could, Pristina drew out Sans' soul, its normal green and vampiric mark was covered in the gooey black substance, she braced herself and whispered the words of the ancient ritual, "yam eht thgil fo yad reven chout siht luos, dna eht thgin gnirb rewop, laes eseht sdrow htiw eht doolb fo slatrom sa ew etacoler siht ciripmav luos ot eht swodniw fo ruo dinm." She then gently placed the small soul into Sans' right eye-socket.

Suddenly green light erupted from his sockets, it was a good thing he was on painkillers right now or else Sans might of screamed in pain and alert the whole building, but all he did was give a small whine.

Then it was over, no more light. Pristina looked down at her son, he looked less sickly, his left eye was back to its bright green color, but in his right socket was his soul, it was bright green once again, the black vampire mark now clear as well. Though it would cause problems to have her sons' soul exposed especially when it displayed his secret so obviously.

Thinking quickly Pristine picked up a medical eye patch covering the socket to hide his soul. "mom, it doesn't hurt anymore!" Pristina sighed in relief, "That's wonderful, but you need to always cover your right eye socket, okay sweetie?" Sans seemed confused but he still nodded, Pristina knew she would have to explain later but for now she just hugged her son and cried happy tears.

It seemed like everything would be okay.