Chapter 13

Mom wheels me into the doctor's office. Surprisingly, his face lights up when he sees me. Where's his sympathy? Aren't I going to die? I think, confused. "I'm so glad to see you, Molly! Go ahead, Mr and Mrs Russel, sit down." Mom and dad sit down, nervously. "I have some good news. After undergoing extensive treatment, the tumors have disappeared. You're going to live, Molly."  My mom and dad jumps up as soon as she hears him speak. A tear falls down my cheek, and happiness swirls around me. 

"I can't believe it! You're finally cured!" My mother says excitedly, bending over to reach my level in a wheelchair. She shakes me, but I just stare forward with surprise bubbling inside me. 

Franky's POV

Later in the day

"Hey Franky! Put some nice clothes on, we're going to a party!" I groan and roll out of bed, throwing off my clothes and grabbing something decent looking. I run down the stairs and find my dad dressed in a suit. My mom is wearing a yellow sun dress. 

"Where are we going?" I whine. 

"We're going to our neighbor's house to celebrate that their daughter got over cancer. Her parents were so excited that they invited the whole neighborhood. Have some respect." My heart races when he finishes speaking, knowing that there is a chance that it might be Molly's party.