Chapter 2- Yup. I'm a Genius.

SCRATCH SCRATCH

A low whimper followed these sounds, waking me up. I looked around my room trying to focus, before rubbing my face to help me wake up. I had fallen asleep around twelve, as Kisame didn't leave till eleven something. We were having too much fun watching movies and hanging out that we didn't notice time flying by . We both have to go into work tomorrow so as soon as we realized how late it was, we both rushed to leave....before I realized it was my house and only Kisame needed to leave...yeah, he's going to hold that over my head for a long time. I looked over at the clock sitting on my dresser to see what time it was. It read 1:40 AM. ....OKAY!! WHO IN THE HECK WOKE MEH UP!!! YOU GOT A DEATH WISH BOOSO!!!!

'SCRATCH SCRATCH' and a low throaty whine suddenly echoed through my head, interrupting my rant. "What was that?"

Throwing the covers off of me, I got up and headed down stairs as I heard it again. Walking to my back door, as the sound seemed to be coming from there, I quickly turned on the back deck lights. I peeked through a window, and Not seeing anything, opened the door to see if I was missing something. But nope, there was nothing there.

The sounds echoed around me again, louder this time. I looked to where I heard them coming from. The woods. The noises were coming from the big dark forest that was behind my house....yup that sounds safe! I was about to forget everything and head back to bed before I heard the noises again. This time I heard two different whines. One sounded in pain, and the other sounded worried or sad. I don't know how I knew what the whines meant, but every time I heard them I would get a feeling in my stomach of what they meant. Shaking my head, I turned back into my house.

Wearing pajamas and not feeling like going all the way back upstairs, I put on my shoes and a good, lengthy, warm jacket. I also grabbed my trusty shotgun and a flashlight. All right! Let's do this!

I entered the woods and heard the sounds again. This time, they helped guide me to whatever was making them. I walked past a few more trees before I found the source of all the noise.

GRRRR

There in front of me stood a very proud wolf, haunches bent ready to jump at his prey at any second. Teeth showing as his lips went back into a terrifying snarl. Eyes wild, sizing me up. He opened his mouth letting the scariest sound I had ever heard out.

GROWL