Chapter 5

I watched him as he moved closer to me. Almost as if he were stalking his prey. "If you say no now, love, I won't be able to stop." He warned me.

I shook my head. "I won't change my mind. I know we havent known each other long but I'm ready for you to mark me."

He let out a soft growl and pulled me into him arms. "It will only hurt for a second my love. Then you will be able to sleep for a while." He mumbled softly as he began to kiss my neck. I closed my eyes and bit my lip. Soon he found the spot he was looking for and I gasped quietly. He continued to kiss and lick and suck soft on my neck until I couldn't hold back anymore and moaned out loud.

He smirked against my neck for a second before I felt his sharp canines pressed against my soft spot. He quickly bit down into my neck. I gasped loudly at the sharp pain, but it only lasted a few seconds before immense pleasure took over and I was moaning again.

Soon after, he pulled his teeth from my neck and licked my wound. I felt him pick me up bridal style before laying me down on the bed. He kissed my forehead and I heard him say, "Sleep now my love, I will be here when you wake up."

With that, I fell into a dreamless sleep.
~~

When I woke up, it was dark outside. How long was I asleep? I thought to myself while looking around. I saw Lucca lying next to me, asleep. My hand shot up to my neck and I smiled, remembering what happened. Slowly getting up from the bed, so I didn't wake Lucca, I walked into the bathroom and turned on the light to look at my neck.

There, at the base of my neck, was my mark from Lucca. It had a full moon, with Lucca's name written in beautiful cursive inside it. "It's so beautiful." I whispered to myself.

"Yes it is, and so are you."

Gasping, I jumped and turned towards the door. Lucca stood there, leaning against the door jam, watching me admire my mark. He smiled at me and walked closer to me. Pulling me into his arms, he leaned down and kissed my mark. I moan at the waves of pleasure it shot through me. Lifting his head back up, he grinned at me. He looked so happy. I smiled back at him.

"I am happy Ember. Thank you for letting me mark you."

Did he..? Did he just read my mind?... I looked up at him with confused eyes.

"Yes I did. That is one thing you didnt learn in school, isn't it?" he chuckled at me.

I simply nodded and hugged him. "Can I do that to you too?"

"Yes. We are now connected together. We can speak through our mind-link as well."

Like this. I love you Ember.

I gasped and looked up at him. "I love you too Lucca."

He smiled and picked me up and spun me around gently. "Lets get you something to eat, okay?"

Right at the moment he mentions food, my stomach decided to make itself known by growling loudly. He laughed and picked me up, carrying me to our kitchennette on our floor. He set me down on one of the stools at the counter and started rumaging around the cabinets and refrigerator for something to cook.

He settled on some eggs and toast with some fruit on the side. Once he finished cooking, he sat beside me and we ate together, quietly. It was a comfortable silence.

"So, you will have a heat soon. Like within the next two or three weeks. Since I marked you."

I nodded softly. I knew what the heat was. We did learn about that in school. It would be when we complete the mating process for sure. If we don't finish it before that.

"Come on, love, lets go back to bed. I am going to show you around, first thing tomorrow morning."

We headed back to the bedroom and climbed into bed, cuddling close to each other. Soon we both fell into a peaceful sleep.
~~
The next morning, I woke up to Lucca playing with my hair. "Good morning sunshine."

I giggled. "Good morning handsome." I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "What time is it?"

"Quarter past 9." He kissed my forehead then got up out of bed. I followed his lead and we both got ready for the day.

Once we finished getting ready, he grabbed my hand and lead me down stairs and to the kitchen. There was a huge group of people sitting in there and I immediately froze. All the head turned to look at us.

Lucca cleared his throat, warningly. "Everyone, this is your Luna and my mate, Ember."

They all immediately started cheering and clapping and hollaring. I blushed and his behind Lucca's broad frame. He chuckled at me and pulled me into his side. " Are you hungry?"

I shook my head. Having all these people stare at me, made me lose my appetite. He took my hand and lead me outside the house. "Alright, let's give you a tour of the land."

With that, he lead me around, showing me the training grounds, the pack hospital, the community dinning hall where everyone has dinner every night. He said we haven't gone yet because I was still adjusting. I saw all the houses where families lived. They had a daycare for the pups. Everything looked so beautiful as well. And I met a lot of pack members as well. 

I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking, because I was looking at Lucca, and I bumped into someone. Looking up, I saw it was Jaxon. Thats right, I forgot Lucca said he was in this pack.

"Ms. Ember? Finally realized you want this, huh?" He gestured to himself with a sly grin.

I scoffed. "As if. I'm here with my mate. You know, your Alpha."  I crossed my arms over my chest. Lucca growled at him, upset at Jaxon's disrespect and probably because of what I told him.

"Jaxon, that is your Luna. Have some respect." He growled out in his Alpha tone.

Jaxon had no choice but to obey and bow his head. He looked pissed off though. "You will regret this Luna!" With that, he ran off into the woods.

I turned to look at Lucca and he was still upset. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he burried his face into my neck, breathing deeply. We stayed like for a few minutes until he calmed down. "If he comes near you again, I will kill him. I could see the lust in his eyes."

"Baby, he won't come near me again. You got your point across. Okay? It is okay. I'm all yours."

He smiled softly at the nickname and bent down to kiss my neck. "All mine."

~~~
Word count: 1195
Again, so so so sorry for the late late update. I was crazy busy over spring break and when I came back i had so much school work to do. Gonna get on schedule though. So no worries! I didnt forget!

Vote, comment of you like the chapter. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

-Miranda