Chapter 1

~Beep Beep Beep~  

I groaned, rolling over in my bed. Hitting the button, I turned my alarm off. I so do not want to get up right now. But, some of us actually have to be adults and go to work so the bills can be paid. With a sigh, I swung my legs over the side of my bed and stood up. 

Walking to my bathroom, I checked myself in the mirror and grimaced. I looked like crap. My dark brown hair was sticking up in place all over my head. My usually bright blue eyes looked dull and dark circles and bags were formed underneath them. I did not just feel tired, I also looked like I barely slept a wink. Oh well, get over it and get ready for work , I thought to myself. 

After a quick shower, I got ready to go to my job. I work at a small diner a few blocks away from my apartment. I pull on some dark wash blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt. I would say I am a bit on the curvy side when it comes to body size, but it is fine, I'm comfortable in my own skin. Once I finish getting dress, I put on just a little bit of makeup. I don't really like makeup that much but I need some today to cover up the tired look on my face. Looking at the time, I gasp. 

"Shit, I'm running late!" Pulling on my flats and grabbing my purse and house key, I run out the door. I quickly lock the door then run off to work. I have 10 minutes to get there or else I will be late. I cannot be late again! Ms. Joan will fire me for sure!

I make it to work with one minutes to spare and run inside the back entrance for employees. My best friend Amberly notices me rushing in. "Running late again huh Em?"

I pout at her. "I just really didn't sleep well last night. I didn't want to get up this morning."

She grinned at me. "Well then I hope you love me, I clocked you in 5 minutes ago."

I jumped at her and threw my arms around her to give her a hug. "Thank you so much Ams!" I moved away from her and pulled my apron on and grabbed my notepad and my pen. "Is it busy out there yet?"

"It's not too bad. Mainly just our usual group." 

I nodded. "Alright. Which tables am I taking today?"

She smiled a bit. "You can take 6-10, I'll take 1-5." 

I hugged her one more time then headed out to the main dinning area. Looking over I saw a nice elderly couple who comes in every other morning at one of my table. Heading over, I put a smile on my face. "Good morning, My name is Ember. I'll be your server this morning. What can I get for you two?"

The old man looked up at my with a smile on his face. "Good morning Ms. Ember. We will both have some apple juice and eggs and bacon, with some pancakes on the side."

I wrote that down on my notepad and nodded softly. "Alright, I will be right back with your drinks and your food will be out shortly." I walked off to get their drinks. Amberly grabbed my arm when I got over the drink area. 

"Ember, that rude werewolf is here again. He is asking for you." She whispered harshly. 

"Seriously, didn't he have enough the last time when I dumped his drink all over him?" 

"I guess not. What do you want me to do?"

"Just let him sit in my section. We don't need him to cause any problems. I'll deal with it."

She nodded and went off to seat him. I dropped the food order off with the cook and grabbed the drinks for the elderly couple then headed back to their table. "Here are your drinks. Your food should be out in about ten minutes at the latest."

"Thank you dear." The older lady smiled and gave a gently nod of her head. After that, I walked over to the table with the werewolf. 

"What do you want Jaxon?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Now is that any way to treat a customer? I mean it is obvious that I want you Ember." He smirked at me. 

"If me pouring a drink on your head was any proof, I am not interested in you. Why won't you leave me alone?" 

"Love, I am going to have you one way or another. You can't resist me. No one can resist me." He stood up and threw some money on the table even though he didn't order anything. "Buy yourself something nice, sexy." With that, he walked out of the diner. 

Looking down at the table, I see he left one hundred dollar there. I snatched it up, feeling angry and stormed to the back of the diner to get the food for the elderly couple. 

~

The rest of the day went by without many problems. On break I told Amberly what happened with Jaxon and she got really angry and also really worried. She told me I need to watch out and be really careful going places by myself. At the end of the day when we finally closed the diner Amberly offered to walk home with me. 

"Ams, I'm fine. Nothing will happen. Everything will be okay." I assured her.

"I'm not comfortable letting you go by yourself. Lets have a slumber party tonight? Please?" She gave the puppy eyes. 

I sighed. "Fine, fine. Let go then."

She grinned and clapped. "Yay! And if anyone tries to hurt us, I can cast a little spell or two."

Yes. Amberly is a witch. But she has been my best friend since middle school. She would never hurt a fly unless it was self defense. She is the nicest witch you could ever meet. I shook my head, smiling at her. "Of course, becuase your soooo scary!" I laughed.

She pouted at me. "I can be scary if I want to be!" 

We started walking towards my house. " I'm sure you can be Ams, I'm sure you can be."

She linked her arm with mine. "You're so mean to me. Why am I friends with you?" 

"Because you are just as mean to me and because you love me!" I playfully shoved her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you Em."

"Love you too!" With that, we continued walking to my apartment. When we reached my apartment and made it inside, I looked at her. "So, Pizza?"

She nodded and headed off to my room to borrow some pajamas. After I called to order the pizza, I went to change as well. I put all the tips I made into my savings jar. You never know when something could happen that you need emergency money for. Once I was all changed, we both went to the living room and sat on the couch. 

Amberly looked over at me. "Disney movie marathon?"

"Of course! it isn't a slumber party without Disney movies!" Okay, so yes. we are a bit childish still but who says you have to stop loving Disney at the age of 21? I say you can be any age and still love Disney! 

"What do you want to watch first?" She looked over at me. 

"Um, lets watch Moana. I love that one!" Soon after I said that there was a knock on the door. I jumped up and walked over to the door, checking through the peep hole. It was the pizza guy. I quickly opened the door and grabbed my wallet to pay him. Taking the pizza, I shut the door, locked it then headed back to the couch and Amberly. "Bon appetite!" I placed the pizza down between us. 

The rest of the night consisted of Disney movies and pizza. Around 2 a.m. though we decided to go to bed since we were both off of work tomorrow. We made plans to go to the mall after we got up in the morning, or afternoon, which ever. 

~~~~~~

word count: 1360

A/N

So whoever reads this, let me know what you think pleaseeee. I would like to know opinions on how to make the story better and or  suggestions for the story plot! Thanks!