Chapter One

Bubbles. Bright happy colors. A swish of a iridescent tail. A warm smile.
Those are the few memories from my early childhood.
There were also feelings, a sweet kiss upon the forehead full of nothing but motherly love. And the silky smooth caress of warm water all around me.
But after that my childhood was rather lacking. Once my mother died I was forced to stay with my father- he never told me what had happened to cause her unfortunate demise, in fact we did not talk much. Period.
Despite the fact that my father drunk more then spoke to me, I was soon able to wheedle the truth from some folk around town, as I had nothing better to do.
My mother was a very rare ocean mermaid, which was more of the Ariel type of mermaid then the more commonly known mermaids in the wizarding world. She, unlike her distant cousins, was extraordinarily beautiful. But much like her distant cousins, she was about as magical as a teakettle.
Except for the day of the solar eclipse, as soon as the moon and the sun aligned, she succumbed to her human side. Which happened to be how I came into the picture, I try not to think about that to much though.
But my dad was apparently a pretty nice dude until my mom had sex with him then ditched him. He had thought they had a connection or some BS like that
My moms death was not extremely dramatic like mothers deaths usually are in films and books, she did not sacrifice her life for me or anything like that. Some idiot fisherman saw her tail and though she was some giant fish. And then the same dude found me, naked, and crying my eyes out like there was no tomorrow.
So everyone in town thought it was a fabulous idea to send the child off to the depressed and alcoholic man that was my dad.
Yay me.
But shortly afterward my father died of alcohol poisoning. In which I say good riddance.
So I was passed along the villagers until they got tired of me and sent me to a small orphanage.
The orphanage is a weird place, it wasn't like we are forced to clean the place or I was bullied to the extent of making my life miserable (there was this one year I got called fish girl). I even had a friend there. There was just this weird threatening vibe I got off of the place. So I tried to stay out of the building as much as possible, passing time in this little cove I had found. Studying the wildlife on and off, writing in my notebook as I would like to become a famous scientist when I grow up.
Which is probably why I am writing in a notebook, I need to record all of my findings and what happens in my life so when I become famous I have worthy content for my autobiography.
Though if I could ever go to a wizarding school, and learn all about magic I could learn all the more discoveries. Though for now I'll have to stick to muggle theories.
I think I have covered an extent of my life. I am only fifteen so I suppose I have much to look forward to in my life.
Perhaps I should write what I did today. I ate porridge for breakfast, then took a stroll down to my cove, swam a tad.
Speaking of swimming, my tail would probably be a more interesting topic then what I ate for lunch.
It is green and shimmers quite beautifully in the sunshine. When I was little I liked to pretend that I was Ariel, but my tail is actually quite different from hers. The base color of mine is sort of green, but there is also splotches of other colors like purple, pink and blue.
My tail only appears when I come into contact with water, which makes bathing rather difficult but I manage.
That pretty much sums up my day for me, I would apologize for my lack of skill in writing but when I make my autobiography I can cut out all the rather foolish errors that I make.
Good day,
Abigail S. Williams

I closed my notebook with a snap and tilt my head back slightly, relishing the sunlight streaming down. The town where the orphanage is was usually raining so it was nice that I could get outside and not turn into a mermaid.

There was a quiet calm that was only disturbed by the cheerful chirping of birds, though I would hardly call it disturbing. The damn rustling that keeps happening in the bushes is disturbing.
I stand up from my soft patch of grass clenching my notebook and pen, as though they could provide me with a sufficient weapon somehow.
A face emerged from the bush, it was a boy. Probably about 15. Greasy black hair framed his pale face and his mouth was curled into a sneer underneath his hooked nose.
We stood in silence just staring at each other until he spoke:
"I know what you are, you nasty little halfbreed".
For a moment I was just incredibly confused, cause woah there buddy, what did I do to you?
But then it melted into anger. How dare this random boy crash my peace then call me a halfbreed.
Which I had no idea what it meant but it sounded bad so it pissed me off anyway.
I was about to beat some manners into this little punk when someone else arrived in the clearing.
Huh. I guess my secret clearing was not so secret after all.
This person was an oldish man with an incredibly long hair and beard. He also wore robes. He was probably either a wizard or an asylum escapee.
I was personally hoping that he was a wizard.
He sent a gentle smile in my direction, perhaps he was a nice asylum escapee.
The greasy boy did not receive as kind of a welcome though. The old man frowned at him, seemingly disappointed.
"Mr. Snape, your behavior towards Ms. Williams is unacceptable. And I am disappointed in you. You may have just scared off a possible future student".
Both me and the boy named Snape gaped at him.
First of all, it was kind of creepy that he knew my last name, and second of all what kind of school was he talking about? If my assumption was correct, and this man was a wizard it would be a wizarding school.
I felt a rush of excitement. If it was a wizarding school I could get out of here.
All of a sudden there was rustling, and both males drew their wands. My friend, Ann came bursting through the shrubbery.
"The orphanage-" she gasped out "it-it's on fire".
Oh crud.

This ended up being pretty different from my original story, but I enjoyed writing it a lot more. But it is the same characters and relationships as last time, with the addition of Ann. Thank you for reading my story!!

Iztheflowerprincess~

Only Abigail and Ann belong to me, the rest belong to Jk Rowling.