The disadvantages of having bilingual parents

Being able to speak multiple languages is awesome, but some people think otherwise. 

More RP for you! Pretend your mom is a citizen of whatever country you're from if they aren't. You're at the same store, different day, and this time your mom is asking a store associate for help finding a good comforter when suddenly...

Person: Is your Mom an immigrant?

You: Um, yes, but she's a citizen.

Person: But she has an accent. See, when she's trying to say 'matching pillows' she says 'mathceen billows'.

You: Okay, and? The employee has no trouble understanding her—

Mom: I said BILLOW! Not BILLOW! I AM SPEAKING ENGLISH!

Person:*smirking* Go back to your country.

You:*fed up*  Sorry, but unlike you, we have good reasons for immigrating to [country]. Somalia is plagued with terrorism and famine, while your country is thriving. So no, I won't take orders from ignorant bigots. 

Person: Hey! My family left Italy* for a good reason!

You: ...I take back what I said. Sorry. But I know the reason you won't go back.

Person: Why?

You: Because your family clearly left to escape bigots like you, and your country doesn't want you back.

Yeah, this shit happens all the time. It's so sad when Americans say that immigrants aren't 'real Americans' when their families immigrated there too. Unless they're Natives.

*I made the place [Person] originally came from Italy because Italy didn't have slave trades, colonization, etc. I don't have anything against Italians. That would be weird because my best friend is Italian and my parents both lived there for a while.

RAMADAN IS IN TWO WEEKS! AHHHHHHHHHH!