The Battle Begins

Start from the beginning

We thought for a moment and then said to Raiden.

"I know how about this..."

I played the guitar and I began to sing.

Kano: "The deepest depths the darkest night, can't separate, can't keep me from your sight."

Raiden: "I get so lost, forgot my way."

Raiden and Kano: "But still you love and you don't forget my name."

Raiden sang along with me and he played the guitar at the same time. We both chuckled after we sang that verse.

"Nice and then we can repeat the chorus."

"Sounds good to me."

I said as I wrote down the second verse and the chorus in my notebook. Ronin came in and he then said to us.

"I see you two are working hard as usual."

"Sorry, Dad, I know we were supposed to be training and all but, Kano and I were just jamming and then we both came up with a new song."

Raiden said to him with a sweat drop running down the side of his head. Ronin chuckled and he then said to us.

"It's fine, I only came here to tell Kano that she can finally use the sword."

I was surprised by this and then Ronin continued.

"I've been watching her progress and she's certainly gotten stronger and she's able to withstand Koga's dark magic now and as for you, son, you've also gotten stronger as well and you too will be immune to Koga's shadow sealing but, you two must be careful, there's something else that I should have told you about Koga's magic."

"What's that?"

"It's best if I showed you."

Ronin said before Raiden and I put away the guitars and then we followed after him. Ronin had taken us to the deepest part of the castle, somewhere in the same area where the demon-slaying sword is. Ronin came to a halt and then he stood next to a black-grey crystal and he then said to us.

"While the two of you were training, I asked one of my scouts to hide one of these crystals into Koga's castle and this is what it has seen."

Ronin activated the crystal and we watched an illusion of Koga and some of his men were working on something.

"What the heck is he up to and what is that he's building?"

"It looks like a portal."

Ronin nodded his head when Raiden said this and he then said to us.

"That's exactly what it is, I was going through one of the demon slayer's old notes and I've learnt that portal is the gateway to the spirit world, a world where you humans pass away and then they go to the other side."

I was surprised by this and then Raiden said to him.

"But, why would Koga want to make something like that and what's it got to do with us?"

"I don't know why Koga is trying to open the gates to the spirit world but something tells me that he's going to try and absorb the souls to get stronger and there's also a reason why it has everything to do with you two because there's a chance that if and when the spirit world does open, there's a possibility that you two might see your loved ones, Amelia and Lucy."

Raiden and I were shocked by this and then Ronin said to us.

"When Koga does get to the part before he steals the souls, he's going to use his dark powers to manipulate you and you might see their ghosts as well."

I held onto my Mother's necklace and Raiden clenched his fist tightly. Ronin then said to us.

"No matter what happens, don't let him get to you and make sure you don't fall for his tricks no matter how much you want to have your loved ones back, Koga knows that it's your biggest weaknesses seeing as how you two wanted them back and hated the world and everything around in the past."

Raiden and I looked at each other and we both knew that he was right. Suddenly, the castle started rumbling and then the floor beneath us shook. Raiden held me close as he pressed his back against the wall and so did Ronin. 

"What the hell is going on?! is that a catfish?!"

"What?!"

"She means an earthquake!"

Ronin shouted at Raiden. Once the shaking stopped, we looked around and then Kino came in and he said to us.

"Are you three all right?!"

"We're fine, thankfully, was it an Earthquake?"

Ronin shook his head for a no and he then spoke up.

"Somehow I get the feeling that was no earthquake, we don't get those in the demon world, this might be Suske's doing, he can tunnelling underground and you know what means?"

We knew right then that Suske might be looking for us and then Raiden said to me.

"Kano, if you're going to use that demon slaying sword, now might be a good time to get it out of the stone and use it to kill that snake before he finds us."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

Ronin and Kino nodded their heads in agreement. Ronin then spoke up again.

"Kino, you go with Kano and make sure that she gets the demon-slaying sword while Raiden and I go and check up on the soldiers, I have a bad feeling that something is about to happen."

"Kino you make sure nothing happens to her otherwise, I'm gonna tear you limb from limb!"

Raiden said before he and Ronin left. I giggled a little at Raiden's comment and then Kino spoke up.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because that phrase sounded like something that Subaru or Yuma would say, anyway, let's get going."

I said as Kino and I ran off to get the demon-slaying sword. On the way there, I thought to myself.

'And so...the battle begins...Koga, we're gonna get you.'

TO BE CONTINUED...