Chapter 13

A.N.

I told you i would update. I cut it short because i was getting tired of waiting. 

Lets try something new. If I get 2 votes on any given chapter, then ill update. But until those 2 votes happen, no update. And i migghhttt have a surprise for next chapter. :) 

Also, favorite comment if there is any, will get next chapter dedicated to them! :)

idk if anyone cares. lol but oh well.

I love you guys!

-Lyssa, xx

Chapter 13

The car ride seemed a lot shorter than an hour and a half. With the music, eating and talking (not necessarily in that order), the drive felt like only 30 small minutes. In some ways, I wish it could have lasted longer. It didn’t though and for that I was slightly thankful. My legs needed stretched out along with my whole body. Driving made me feel tired. 

I yawned as I crawled out of the passenger seat and took a deep breathe. Although I hated the ocean, I loved the smell and the fresh air. Im always stuck in some museum, class, or my small yet spacious loft so some fresh air did me good sometimes. 

I pulled my fingers through my now tangled hair. We had had the windows down most of the time. I made my way to the back door so I could get our food and supplies such as blankets and pillows. I figured I would leave Niall to get the heavy bags. I realize that there’s something we didn’t figure out. How stupid could I be?

“Niall, there’s one tiny matter that we forgot to cover.” I say.

He looks up confused and almost drops one of our bags then catches it skillfully. A grin plays across his face. 

“I’m serious! And, you might need to be too because we are going to be sleeping either on the beach or in the car. I vote for the car.” I state, my voice dripping with sarcasm and annoyance. I know Niall registered it but his face when from a grin to an even bigger grin.

“Rhiannon, love, you honestly though I, the amazing Niall Horan, would forget such a miniscule detail? Why, im hurt.” Niall suddenly decides to talk like he belonged in a different era.

“Niall, love.” I say mockingly, “Since when did your vocabulary expand?”

“Ever since you leave me home all the time and I wondered what those dusty books in the corner were. It turned out to be some old SAT books.” Niall says turning slightly serious. “It explains a lot that they’re dusty.”

“Oh. Wait. What’s that supposed to mean?”

A smile played across his face and he winked. “Oh, nothing.”

 Well, whatever. Will you tell me where we are sleeping considering you have this covered?” I ask.

“It’s a surprise. I’ll lead the way.” Those grins of Niall’s never turn out to be good. They always made me nervous. 

Despite my hesitation, I had no choice but to follow him. It was a short walk down the beach and I saw that all down the beach were small cabins on 5 foot stilts. They were equally spaced out but close enough that there were a good 30 mini houses. They all looked the same with a dark wood outside and a porch wrapped around each.

There was one that stuck out and was different than all the rest, though; the one Niall was walking over to. It had 2 stories and a gorgeous balcony on the top floor with stairs that led to the roof. 

“Niall?” 

“Yes, Rhiannon?”

“Why do you always insist on outdoing everyone and everything?” I ask, referring to the house that was worth at least twice what the others were.

Niall throws his head back in laugher. I like when he does that, I think to myself. Wait what. I can’t do this. We’ve just started our friendship. This is not acceptable. I push my thoughts out of my head and follow Niall.

We make our way up the steps and I open the door and find my way to the kitchen so I can put the food away. Niall goes straight upstairs and I don’t bother following him yet. I wanted a minute to check out this ‘little’ beach cottage. I look around and notice there are no cobwebs or dust anywhere. By then, Niall had made his way back down and came up behind me, unnoticed.

“Checking for spiders?” He speaks up. 

“Gah! Niall! What the hell!? You’re lucky I didn’t hit you! Jesus.” I rant, clutching my chest as if to stop my heart from beating out of my chest.

Niall couldn’t control his laughter to say the left. He had one had gripping the counter beside us and the other on my stomach. He was bent over and literally silently laughing. Seeing this, I obviously couldn’t keep the smile off my face despite how mad I was.

“It’s not funny!” I said. This only made him laugh harder. I started chuckling then straight up laughing. “Okay, okay. It was pretty funny.” I admitted.

“I just wanted to ask if you wanted to have a picnic.” Niall says, still slightly laughing.

“Sure, why not?” I say. What’s the worst that could happen?