♡ s i x

Instead of going to my first class I decided to go to my 'hideout'.
It was on the fourth floor and no one really knew about it.

It was an old janitors closet but was actually pretty big, big enough to do nothing in but think and smoke.

I opened the metal door and slumped down on the place I had made for myself over the last year.

I had only really started to come here lately when I needed time to think and skip class.

I sat there busying myself between looking at my phone, smoking, thinking and waiting for time to pass.

I had drama next. Eugh. I hated drama but I was forced to go as my teacher had found my hiding place up here and would probably search it if I didn't turn up and she knew that I had got in a fight earlier.

I only skipped first class because it was American history and to be honest I would rather get beaten twenty times by Cory in front of my parents than go to that shitty class.

American history was nearly as boring as chemistry but not quite. Why did I need to know what happened in our country before I was born and would never in my life need the information? I don't know.

School is stupid as fuck and I didn't see the point in really doing if I was going to do nothing with the stuff I learned.

I wasn't thinking of going to college, I'd probably end up working in McDonald's, to be honest.

My mind kept drifting to the image of Isabelle beating the absolute shit out of Rebecca. Fucking hilarious but kinda hot.
I'm weird. I need to stop.

She was so violent oh my god, she looked like she was about to dig her nails into Rebecca's eyes before Mr Lee caught them.

I'd never seen her act like that before; she was always so nice and innocent (I think), but I guess everyone has two sides to themselves no matter how much they deny it.

But usually, it's just how they act in private and public like Gar in Philadelphia Here I Come!
But I don't know anymore.

I stood on what was left of my cigarette and squished it with my shoe, crushing the remainder of the cancer stick to shreds.

The bell rang and signalled a change of class. Double drama next, great.

I grabbed myself up off my sitting position only to realise my leg had fallen asleep whatever way I was sitting.

Not wanting to walk on a leg that was asleep I waited until the feeling numbed and began walking to room 15b - drama.

When I reached the classroom door there was a sticky note from my teacher saying;
ᔕEᑕOᑎᗪ ᑭEᖇIOᗪ ᗪᖇᗩᗰᗩ ᑕᒪᗩᔕᔕ GO TO ᗩᔕᔕEᗰᗷᒪY ᕼᗩᒪᒪ ᖴOᖇ ᑭEᖇᖴOᖇᗰᗩᑎᑕE.
ᗰᖇᔕ ᑭᗩᑌᒪ

Great, we were doing performances. I hated acting and it was probably going to be improv which I hated even more.

But at least Isabelle was in my class.

As I walked past the trophy cabinet with its mirrored back I noticed that my eye was really starting to go black.

My parents were gonna hate me so much, even more than they already do.

I've been given so many threats from them but none were actually acted on; military school, moving school, moving house, moving state, moving country, going to a youth detention centre, sending me away... blah blah blah.

Same threats, same parents; stupid.

I pushed open the assembly halls double doors only for twenty pairs of eyes to turn around and stare in my direction.

No need to stare you've all seen me hundreds of times before I thought and took my seat in the third row behind Sarah and Isabelle.

I don't want to sound creepy but she smelled nice. Her hair smelled like roses and vanilla, sweet like her.

Sarah turned around and glanced at me for a second; it was one of those books where you turn around to 'check' something behind you but really you're looking at the person behind you and you try to be subtle but just end up making it the most obvious thing ever.

I furrowed my brows at her which she saw and smiled at me. She had a nice smile that lit up her face, like Isabelle's but not as bright.

Mrs Paul entered from stage right and clapped her hands to gain our attention and to hush the talking among friends.

'Okay class today we are going to be performing improv, but instead of doing it solo or in a group of five like usual, you're going to be doing it in partners!'

The class buzzed with chatter as friends exchanged glances and whispered 'can we be partners?'

But their hopes were soon shattered by Mrs Paul exclaiming;
'And I will be picking the partners to you won't be with your friends.' The class groaned with disappointment. 'Glad to see you're all so eager to begin! Now, what your task is that you will go up on stage and I will give you your characters and a scenario, you will then have to immediately act it out in front of the class; no preparation just improvisation. Understand?'

The class groaned in unison as an answer.
'Good, now the partners will be...' She said scrolling down her register.

My heart thumped - I didn't want to be stuck with some weird kid like Conor who didn't know or act for shit.

'Sarah and Conor!' Isabelle laughed at her friend's misfortune and Sarah glared at her then mouthed 'fuck sake help me!'

I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction, she really didn't want to be with him and I didn't blame her.

**