Chapter 8

Little note before starting this,  I'm going to warn you of a  fight between Alex and Charles. Charles does take out his knife but doesn't use it. Just a heads-up.

Alexander Pov
        My year is going great so far. New friends, possibly going up a grade, going on a date. Even Jefferson and I have learned how to get along somewhat. I still hate his friends though. And when I say we get along we just don't talk to each other. Avoiding contact, leads to no argument which leads to no grudges. It's already Friday so I'm going out with Eliza tomorrow. If it doesn't go well then I'll just get it out of my mind and prepare for my test more. Which is what I'm doing now. I look at my watch. It's already 11 pm. After Eliza came I fell asleep. I really needed that. Then Jefferson burst threw the door with Charles and James behind him. Come on. I don't want to talk to them at all. "Whatcha doin Alexis?" Charles asked slurring his words. Alexis?? What? Alright fine. "Don't call me that. And go away." I said moving his face out of my work. "Awwww....Lexi doesn't like me." He said. Alright. Gotta stay calm. Which is very hard at the moment. I don't want to fight him. "Lee just leave me alone." I told him, trying not to lose my cool. Then James said "Aww but Lexi he just wants to be friends with you!" Dont. Lose. Your. Cool. "Yeah Leeexxiiii!" Jefferson said. Okay I'm done. I hopped out of my chair. "NEXT GUY TO CALL ME LEXI IS GETTING A BROKEN NOSE." I yelled through my teeth. Then I say Charles look at James. "lexi." Charles whispered. I'm done. I'm done. I walked up to Charles, who was smiling like an idiot. I took of my watch and threw it on the couch. Then I rolled up my sleeves . Then looked at him for a split second before punching him in the nose. He yelped and jumped back grabbing his face. "Woah wait...guys.." James started. "Maybe you shouldn't.." Jefferson said. "Your gonna get it you... you short, stupid, immigrant, gremlin!" Charles shouted. Wait how did he know that I was an immig- my thoughts were cut off by Charles punching me in the jaw. I lost my balance and fell back. I held my face and pushed off the wall. I punched him in the gut a few times. He fought back and punched my face two times. I kicked him in the legs making him fall down. Then he jumped back up and started to pull something out of his back pocket. What is he pulling out of his pocket? WHY DOES HE HAVE A KNIFE? Jefferson and James ran over to him and grabbed his arms pulling him out of the dorm. I went to the door and locked it. Why did he have a pocket knife? I put my hand over my face and touched my nose. The whole left side of my face hurt. My nose started to bleed. I went to the bathroom to see a bruise on my jaw, cheekbone, a bloody nose and a cut on my mouth. Dang he did quite a number to me. It didn't hurt that much. I grabbed some tissues and ice. I'm having a great night.

John Pov
      I started to head over to Alex's dorms because I was bored and I felt like talking to him. But then out of his dorm burst Jefferson and James Madison pulling an extremely angry Charles Lee out into the hall. "What the..?" I muttered. I got a better look at them and saw Charles Lee's face. It was bruised pretty badly. Then I realized he was holding a knife. Where is Alex?? Is he okay? Jefferson pulled the knife out of Lee's hand and yelled "WERE YOU GOING TO KILL HIM?!" "No.." Lee mumbled. "THEN WHY DID YOU PULL A KNIFE OUT?!" James shouted. "I dunno to like scare him or somethin'.." Lee said. Alright who was Lee trying to "scare"? I really hope it's not Alex. I walked past them and knocked on Alex's door. "Hey man? Can I hang out with you?" I asked through the door. I heard some footsteps and then the door unlocked and opened. When I saw his face I nearly jumped. "Alex! Are you okay?" "Yeah Im fine." He said. I walked in and said "Lee. He did this didn't he?" "Well yeah.." he said. Then I looked at him. He looked like he was think of something to add to 'well yeah'. "Jesus Alex. You can't fight people. You'll get kicked out." I started to think of something else to say. "You're a prodigy with words, so use them. Not your fists." I told him. I sighed. He has a date tomorrow and it looks like he was... well he was in a fight. My lord what's Eliza going to think?