Chapter 6

Alexander Pov
I woke up and was slammed with pain in my head. Oh my god. I stood up or at least attempted to and fell straight down. I heard Jefferson snickering. God I'm so glad he's a year older then me. If I had any classes with him, I think I'd die. I pushed myself up to my feet. Everything was so blurry. My head was pounding. Thomas started snickering again. "Shut up." I said groaning. My stomach started to hurt really bad all of a sudden. I'm going to throw up. I stumbled to the bathroom and started puking my guts out. My vision cleared up but my head continued to pound. "Ewwww." Jefferson said. "Oh grow up." I said flushing the toilet. I started to wash my hands. "Me? At least I don't sleep with a stuffed monkey." He said defensively. "You do realize our classes start in an hour right?" He told me. "Wait what?" I said looking at the clock. Crap. "Probably was a bad idea to drink the day before classes darlin'." He told me like I wasn't thinking that myself. I grabbed some clothes out of my bag and changed. I grabbed my bag and looked at the clock. It read: 9:50. Alright I guess I should go now. Jefferson jumped up and walked out the door with me. He turned and left for where the Junior building was and I started for the sophomore building.

              —One month later—

I guess you could say I'm extremely stressed. After a month of sophomore year I haven't learned anything new. My teachers saw this. Now I'm taking this test to get into the Junior year. I haven't slept in a week. All I've been doing is studying. All Jefferson has been doing is annoying me while I'm studying. "Do you even sleep Hamilshit?" He asked. "Yes. At times. Not now though." I said falling asleep while answering him. Maybe I should sleep. That'd be nice.

Thomas Pov
       For the past week all I've seen Alexander do is study and drink coffee. Literally nothing else. I haven't seen him eat or sleep. I mean I've seen him like nod off kind of sleep and then bolt back up and start working again. To be honest I don't even know what he is studying for. But it must be big because he's really into it. He barley talks to his friends. Which makes me feel a little bad for Eliza because she is obviously crushing on him. But the thing is I kind of like him too. I mean I'd never ever tell him unless a miracle happened. I looked up from my phone to see him sleeping on his computer. Then he slid out of his chair and fell on the floor. "Hamilton!" I exclaimed. He groaned. "Hey are you alright?" I asked tossing my phone on the couch. "What? Oh.. uh yeah." He muttered groggily. I grabbed his underarms and dragged him to the couch and sat him down. "When's the last time you slept?" I asked. "Erm.... I dunno like a week ago?.. No wait... five days ago?.. I don't remember.." he said trailing off. I jumped off the couch and grabbed some chips out of a cabinet and tossed them to him. "What are you even studying for?" I asked. "Oh it's this big test thing and if I get 85% or higher I'll go into the next grade up." He said explaining it simply. What???? Okay I knew this kid was smart but he might be in classes with me? Isn't he like 19? That's still on the young side for sophomores! He will be the youngest person in all my classes. I looked over at him and he had fallen asleep. I gotta tell my friends James and Charles. Gee they aren't gonna be too glad to hear this. They really don't like Hamilton at all. Charles and Hamilton almost started fighting once. Good thing James and John Laurens were there. They would have torn each other to pieces.Charles carries a pocket knife on him and if it had gotten really out of hand I don't think he'd hesitate to use it. If you still don't understand when I say they hate each I mean like if Hamilton bumped into Charles they'd start beating each other up. I heard a knock at the door. Speak of the devil. It was Charles and James. "Hey guys what's up?" I asked. "Eh we got bored. Want to hang out?" James asked. I glanced back at Hamilton. If I left he might start overworking himself again. "Erm.. I dunno.." I told them. "Dude are you saying no because of Alexander Hamilshit?" Charles asked. "What no! I mean.." I said trailing off. What did I mean? It was because of Hamilton. "If its a not because of him then let's go by a bar or somethin'." Charles said. I sighed. "Yeah okay." I agreeing. I went to grab a coat and I glanced at a sleeping Alexander before heading out.

Eliza Pov
         Recently Alex has been kind of shutting everyone out. I mean I really like him. But how is he going to notice me if he doesn't hang out with me anymore in the first place. He really needs to stop overworking himself. I invited John Laurens and his crew of two, to come over to my dorm and meet up with me and my sisters to talk about Alex. I don't really know much about his life before he came here other then the fact that he lived in a different country in the Caribbean. Maybe Lafayette, Hercules and John knew more. John is really close to him so I would be surprised if he didn't know much. But then again Alex talks rarely about himself but talks about literally everything else. I heard Lafayette scream something in French outside my door. He didn't even need to knock. I walked over and opened the door. "Heh.. sorry ma dame." He said. Everybody was there. "Come in." I said trying to sound as peppy as I could. After everyone was seated I said "So... Anyone know anything about Alex? Like why he's been rejecting us or anything about his past life other then he comes from the Caribbean?"

1056 words. I'm way more proud then I should be.