CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

"Just a little." She smiled as she also had some grape juice for after. We clink our glasses and gave a toast for our new lives. I gulped the wine quickly and got some grape juice to flush out the taste. Doniya said that I brought her a new joy and she rescued me from my struggles. I already told her about the event at school with Olympia and her posse. Doniya laughed her ass off and even encouraged it. She said things like 'I wish I was there, I'd love to slam their titties in the ground." and "You only tripped her? Come on, you should've slammed that little cunt to hell." I laughed my ass off.

"Ah, I have the whole week off." I relished.

"And I have to work." Doniya frowned. "And do college."

"Aww, do you need any help?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'll let you know if there's anything you can do to help though." She said, salting her eggs. We finished our breakfast and washed the dishes. Doniya went to the bathroom to do her makeup.

"What makeup do you use?" I asked, going through her makeup bags.

"I use the cheap drugstore, but one of my clients got me good makeup, Jeffree Star, Sephora, Tarte, Mac," She listed. I watched as she applied all of her makeup, her concealer, foundation, contour, bronzer, highlight. She was such a queen. I rinsed her beauty blender sponge for her.

"You're really good." I said as she was putting on her eye primer. She blended her eyeshadow, the Jefferee Star blood sugar palette.

"Well, I had to be when I was a stupid hoe." She joked as she waved her eyeliner. "I had to blend that bitch." She put on her eyeliner and mascara.

"You don't need makeup to cover, just being the way that you are is enough." I told her.

"Oh, stop it, let me put on my lipstick and I'm going to give you a makeover." She instructed, pulling out her lipstick brush. She quickly did her eyebrows and she started putting on some foundation and contour on me.

"All my life, you stood by me, when nobody else was behind me." I said as she dusted my face with some set powder.

"Awww, don't you dare make me cry, I just put on all this makeup on and don't you dare mess me up." She sniffed sternly.

"Sorry." I replied. She put on some highlights. I did my own eyeliner and mascara. I liked my look, it made me look more masculine kinda, with bronzer on my jawline.

"Damn, your lashes, they're already long to begin with." Doniya complimented as I was looking at myself with her mirror. "We could get you a wig and name you Veronica."

"Haha, thanks, but no thanks," I said, washing my beauty blender.

"Well, you ready to go out?" She asked, putting on a pair of ankle booties. I put on my black chelsea boots, similar to the ones Harry wears.

"Hell yeah! Look, I got a lot better too." I said.

"But you can't beat me, I'm still better and prettier than you." Doniya playfully bragged. I just laughed.

"We're going to see." I said. We got in her car and drove to the rink. Doniya got her high heeled skates out and I got mine.

"Hey, let's play some music, eh?" I asked. She put on Adele.

"Hello, it's me, I was wondering after all these years you'd like to meet, to go over everything." She was just singing, but it seemed as if she was speaking right to me.

"I'm in California, dreaming about who we used to be, when we were younger, and free." I sang back.

"I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet." She admitted and we hugged.

"I must've called a thousand times." She cried, regretting all that has happened since she was sixteen. "Hello from the outside. At least I can say that I've tried, to tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart. But it don't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore."

"Oh Doniya, you've been the greatest thing in my life." I told her, on the brink of tears. "Before I met Harry and Niall, you were the only thing in my life, My universe, will never be the same, I'm so glad you came." I replied.

"Oh, Zayn, and all those night when I was so lonely, think of you, hearing your voice in my head, you're the best brother a woman can get."

"There's no perfect sister, but you're the closest mother earth can get." I said back.

"I'm gonna live, like tomorrow doesn't exist." Doniya smiled. We danced to the music, and had such a great time. All those times when we were supposed to be together. All the times that Doniya was supposed to be for me. All those times, when I had to learn to be by myself, all of those bitterness and heartaches of loneliness, vanished with the winter. The snow all melted, and so did all of my sorrows today.

"All of the rumours, all of the fights. But we always find a way to make it out alive." I told her.

We skated the rest of the day, finally, I was as good as her. I remember the first time, where I fell, trying to do a spin and how it felt when she got me back up. We went to the same grocery store and got the same food. We snuck popcorn in her purse and watched Dunkirk. We listened to Lady Gaga, the same song, Born This Way on the way back in the class. I miss the magic of these good old days.

Later that evening, we had a hockey game, the last one of the season. I met Niall that night and told him everything that Doniya and I did that day. He was so happy to see me happy.

"I'm glad you had fun, wish I was there with you." He told me.

"Well, it ain't gonna be the last." I guaranteed. I could sense lots of good things coming up. We quickly kissed and put our helmets on and went out on the ice.

I was center. I quickly was able to get the puck and we got a strong lead. I looked up on the bleachers. I saw four people, my favorites in the whole world. There was Doniya, my beautiful, beauty queen of a woman. Harry, the one who stood by me through all my mountains and valleys. Maura, my second mother, more motherly than my real one. And finally, my newest friend, Liam, the football jock who I feel would be a strong supporter.

We won the game and because it was the last game, we had a big dinner party at Dairy Queen. Niall and I shared a funnel cake with chicken strips. Louis and Harry shared a basket of onion rings, chicken sandwich and strawberry sundae. I don't know how Louis kissed Harry after Harry ate a basket of onion rings, but vegetarians had better breathe though, so I guess it all works out.

"Under the lights tonight, you turned around, and you stole my heart, with just one look, when I saw your face, I fell in love. It took a minute babe, to steal my heart tonight, with just one look, yeah. I waited for a man like you." Niall flirted as I played with my cherry.

"You know 'cause all my life, I've been waiting for a guy like you to come around." I replied. I bent forward in our booth and he licked the cherry off my tongue.

"What do you want to do spring break?" Niall asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Well, we should go out in town, go shopping, karaoke, movies, party, whatever you want." I answered.

"I just want to feel you." Niall whispered.

"We can do that too." I whispered back, kissing him. I could feel Niall rubbing my wrists.

"Yo, get a room." Liam shouted and we broke up our kiss. We rolled our eyes. I pushed back Niall's hair out of his eyes, it was still a bit wet from the shower.

"Don't let go, we've won the fight, all of our struggles are over, it's been a hell of a fight." I said.

"Thank god, now we can live our life in peace." Niall smiled. Even though we still had decades left, we had felt as if we had accomplished so much.

Ah! Chapter Twenty one is done. I think there's gonna be a few more chapters left, with one more plot twist that you're gonna be in for ;)

QOTD: What is a secret that nobody knows? Tell me now! XD