Celeborn lowered his head in defeat.  “You will see one day, that not even you could defeat this evil alone.”

The king looked at the Lothlorein elves biting his tongue, as they bowed slightly and made their way out of the court.

“My lord, if I may say, maybe you should keep in mind their vision.  Even if we do cut ourselves off from them, Sauron will still target this very realm.”

“I will keep their vision in mind mellon nin.  But I will not fight alongside men when I know how treacherous the ring is.  I am surprised that Elrond will even called a meeting to Rivendell.  He was there at Mount Doom when Isildur fell for the ring.”  Thranduil got up and clasped Eroborn’s shoulder.

“Do not worry.  I will find a way.  But today, Legolas and Aeroniel will meet, and we have hope that no matter what happens, Mirkwood will have a future because of them.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aero you look dirty!”  Ireth exclaimed bring her hands to her mouth.  Aeroniel shot her a confused look as she walked in the house with sweat covering her face and clothes carrying dirt on them.

“Why do you train yourself so hard?”  Her mother asked walking up to her grabbing her quiver and bow and placing them beside the door.

Aeroniel laughed and wiped the trails of sweat walking into the kitchen.  “Advancements are tomorrow mother.  I want to be the one to score the highest, so I must train harder and harder each and every day.”  She poured herself water and drank the pure liquid slowly, making a slight “ahh” as she finished.

“Your father will be here soon to lead you to your arrangement.  Here, come with and I shall help you get ready.”  Ireth said grabbing her hand leading her up the stairs.

Aeroniel rolled her eyes and pulled away from her grasp.  “Must you be like ada?  Why must I meet someone that you know I do not love?”

Her mother ignored her and continued to make her way up the stairs.  “Come Aero.”

“Were you arranged to marry ada?”  Aeroniel asked as her mother brushed through her long brown hair.

“No.”  Ireth replied still brushing.

“Then why me?”  Her daughter asked sadly.  “You have seen Legolas… you know I am in love.”

Her mother picked up a beautiful golden circlet that was adorned with small golden leaves.  She placed the circlet gently on top of Aeroniel’s head and began to start a small braid.  “I know.  But it is your father’s wishes.  You must just forget of Legolas.”

Aeroniel stared at herself in the mirror.  She has never worn something so delicate as what she was now.  Her dress held the color of light champagne with a gold shimmery lining the ends of the sleeves and along the v-cut.  What is the point of arguing… She thought to herself as her mother finished her braids.

“There.  You look beautiful.”  Ireth said quietly.  She turned away and walked to the bed stand.  She opened her jewelry box and pulled out a small silver necklace that held the shape of a small angel almost looking a star.  “This is the Evenstar.  With your beauty being the fairest, you can only wear this.  The elf will surely be astounded by your beauty.”  Ireth smiled as she put the necklace on her daughter.

Aeroniel lightly touched the necklace looking at its intricate designs and was surprised to see how it shined so bright by itself.  A light knock came upon the bedroom door.  Eroborn slowly walked in and met eye contact with Aeroniel.