Chapter Two

"Don't get too cocky Ali! I know I can beat you this time!" Natsu said, his voice full of arrogance and pride. Just then, a thunderstorm boomed as it got closer, giving Natsu a little fright.

"That's what you say every time Natsu. And I kick your ass every. Single. Time." I teased. His flames got bigger and brighter as each word left my lips. And I could only help but smile. The angrier he got, the better the fight. And believe me, I enjoy beating Natsu since he's one of the most powerful dragon slayers around in Magnolia; yet he can't beat me or Laxus.

Lucy's POV

Here we go again. Natsu challenged Ali for the 100th time. And sadly, we all knew who would win. I wish he would just learn his lesson... but that's like asking Plu to take on a very powerful enemy. And that's just not going to happen.
I knew Ali's magic pretty well by just watching her strategies. That thunderstorm was her doing. And when that storm comes, you might as well pray that you make it out alive. Thankfully, she spares Natsu, even though she's come close to annihilating him...

"Oh my sweet Ali is fighting! I can't wait for her to whoop Natsu into next year!" Griffin cheered, which brought me out of my thoughts.

"She obviously isn't playing around today either. She already brought the storm out." I looked at Griffin, his eyes twinkling at the sight of her.

"She probably wants to end this quickly because he can be a pest sometimes. Always hungry for a fight." He replied nonchalantly. I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're not wrong Griffin." I said as I shook my head. I saw Ali disappear into thin air as Natsu went at her with his famous Fire Dragon Fist. Now the fun begins.
Ali reappeared and disappeared multiple times around Natsu. It instantly made him dizzy and confused. The lightning strikes as the thunder roars in anticipation. He winced as he tried to figure out where Ali would appear next. Just then she appeared right behind him with a terrifying smirk.
She pointed her arm towards Natsu and a bright blue lightning bolt shot out of her fingers that went straight to him. By the time Natsu could react, it was too late. Her lightning sent him flying into the air, almost burning him to a crisp. I was worried Natsu was already out of the fight but he quickly got up. He really should learn when to stay down.

Ali's POV

It felt so good to sent lightning bolts through his body. It's been awhile since I last fought him. And I always felt better when I knocked him the hell out. As I stood there and waited for Natsu to charge, I thought about how he's influencing me. He thinks every fight is a therapy session. And I'm starting to think of them that way too.

"FIRE DRAGON WING ATTACK!" Natsu hollered as he came racing towards me. Silly mistake. I quickly vanished into thin air and dodged his attack effortlessly. He somersaulted two or three times then got back up.

"That's a baby trick! You too scared to actually face the heat?" He sneered, trying to get me extremely mad. And it somehow worked.

"You'll wish it was a baby trick you brainless baboon." I snarled at him as I reappeared, my hair turning a blinding white color. His smile slowly went to a frown as he realized what he had gotten himself into. I slowly walked towards him, a bright aura forming around me. Everyone covered their eyes as I kept getting closer and brighter. Natsu knew this was the end for him. My eyes changed from their normal golden color to a dark crimson. Lightning went off every step that I took while Natsu scurried backwards.

"Is this some baby trick Natsu?" I snarled at him. He shook his head aggressively while chuckling nervously.

"Well maybe you should think twice before you say something like that to me ever again." I smirked one more time as I stared right into his onyx eyes. Time to light him up.