Chapter 13

{AN} Whew, I'm writing two stories at once! I've come a long way since not publishing for... uh... half a year. You guys should go check out my other Keeper story, Reversed ;) Thank you so much for sticking with me!! I absolutely love reading all the comments you guys leave <3

  Sophie tapped her fingers under her legs, trying to be comfortable in the purple, sparkly chair Biana had plopped her in, but it was hard when she could see Biana searching for makeup brushes to use in her vanity drawers. 

  She didn't know why Biana wanted to put more makeup onto Sophie when she still had some on from Keefe's dare, but whatever. There was no use fighting her – Sophie would lose anyways. 

  "Aha!" Biana help up a torture device triumphantly. "Found it." She flipped open an eyeshadow palette and walked over. Sophie shrank away.

  Biana searched her face for a spot to apply makeup to, but eventually she sighed. "I guess I can't really add anything. The stuff from the dare is still on." She clicked the palette closed with a sigh, pursing her lips and squinting an eye in thought. 

  "Oh, duh," she said, slapping her forehead. "I'll be right back." She winked and spun away into the studded door that led to her elegant bathroom.

  Sophie groaned. "And I thought that I had finally gotten out of Biana torture."

  "Never!" Biana sang from the bathroom. 

  Sophie's teal-eyed friend ran out carrying a strange, shallow jar. It looked nothing like anything Sophie had ever seen in the human world, but then again, she had barely touched makeup there.

  Suddenly, Biana was dusting her face with a brush. Sophie coughed and flinched away. "what is that?"

  The elf Queen of Sparkles looked borderline offended. "Sparkles, of course! They do make everything better, after all. Even perfect makeup." She winked. "I'll also touch up the gold, by the way. I'm totally making it last as long as I can. It looks amazing!"

  Sophie shifted. "Uh. . . sure."

  Biana rolled her eyes. "Stop being so self-conscious. I bet Fitz would agree that you look stunning." She wiggled her eyebrows. 

  Sophie groaned. She felt her face flame up, and she covered it. "Ugggghh. I can't even –"

  "Shhh," Biana said, pushing her hands away. "Don't mess up your makeup."

  Biana's door opened, and Fitz poked his head through. Sophie nearly shrieked. Keefe and Dex shortly followed. 

  Biana rolled her eyes. "Don't you know how to knock?" But she quickly switched to a giggle when she saw that they were all dressed in their pajamas. 

  "What time is it?" asked Sophie, relieved. For a second there she had thought that Fitz had heard what Biana said. 

  "Around eleven," Dex said. 

  "Seriously?" Keefe asked. "I didn't know it was that late. I just changed because you guys were."

  Fitz shook his head, a slight smile on his face. "Anyways, do you guys want to do one last round of. . . anything before bed?" 

  Biana snorted. "Bed? I know not the word." She flipped her hair and stuck her nose in the air. 

  Sophie laughed and got up out of her seat. She thought that Biana was probably done with their makeup session now. 

  Keefe caught her. "Whoa whoa whoa, were you giving Foster another makeover? Well, this sure is a night to remember."

  Sophie crossed her arms. "Don't get used to it."

  Fitz's eyes twinkled. "Remember you still have to wear your hair curly for the next three days?"

  "Ugh, I forgot about that." Sophie tugged disdainfully at the twisty spirals and sighed. "Well, I guess it isn't that bad."

  Dex's eyebrows shot up. "Wait, Sophie has to wear her hair curly for more than a day? It's going to be like an alien took over her at school." He mock shuddered.

  Biana rubbed her hands together. "So. . . another round of Truth or Dare?" She asked. "Because I've thought of some pretty good ones."

  Keefe smirked. "Payback. I like it."

  Fitz opened up the door the rest of the way and stepped into Biana's room. Keefe and Dex fell to the floor, and the girls looked at them in astonishment. 

  "We were leaning against the door," Dex mumbled, rubbing his nose. 

  "Yeah, thanks, Fitz," Keefe groaned, sitting up.

  Biana, Fitz, and Sophie cracked up. "It's not my fault you don't have very good balance," Fitz said with a smile. He stole a glance at Sophie. "You're almost as bad as her."

  "Hey, that's not fair," Sophie and Keefe whined at the same time, then looked at each other and had to share a grin.

  "Oooh!" Biana clapped her hands excitedly. "I know what we could play!" 

  Everyone looked at her with anticipation.

  "We could. . . play Base Quest indoors," she said. 

  Dex looked at her in confusion. "How would we do that?" he asked.

  "Well, you would have a room or something as the base, right?" Sophie asked.

  Biana nodded. "And we can turn the lights out to make it even better."

  Keefe grinned. "I'm so game." Suddenly, he whipped his head over to Dex. He was still laying on the floor with his hands behind his head. His eyes were closed. 

  Keefe smacked him on the forehead. "Dude, you awake?"

  Dex's eyes snapped open. "I'm awake, I'm awake!" he mumbled. He swatted Keefe's hand away and groggily sat up. "Sorry, the triplets were especially annoying today. I'm worn out."

  Keefe's grin looked slightly evil. "Too bad for you, because after our game, I think it'd be a prefect time to break out the pranks."