eight

Aven woke up to her phone ringing, which set off an annoying default ringtone that she'd been meaning to change. She spat obscenities once she saw who it was, and she silently vowed to strangle the blonde.

"Terri," Aven groaned, her eyes still closed and heavy with sleep. "I swear to God, if you're not dying or dead or both, I will personally kill you with my own hands, so help me Mother Mary."

"And why would you do that?" Terri's shril voice jolted Aven, waking her further from her slumber.

"Because," Aven spat through gritted teeth. "It's seven o'clock in the fucking morning."

Terri tsked and Aven could practically see the blonde shaking her head through the receiver. "That's no way to be talking to someone who's bringing you breakfast, Ave."

Aven swung her legs over the side of her canopy bed and slid her feet into her slippers. "I better get a hash brown." She murmured.

"Of course, matter of fact, you can get two hash browns - I'll give you mine. Yeah, extra sugar in that one please." Terri said the last part away from the phone.

"So when exactly are you getting here?" Aven asked.

"Five minutes. Make sure you brush your teeth first, I'm not a big fan of morning breath."

Exactly five minutes later, Terri was at Aven's front door with a McDonald's bag in one hand and a wide grin on her face. She was a typical morning person.

Aven gave her a quick once over - taking in her black and white kimono, silk white undershirt, red capris and gold sandals - and she suddenly felt self conscious about her hello kitty pajamas and messy bun. Terri's hair seemed to cascade down her shoulders like a waterfall.

"Your early morning behaviour disgusts me." Aven said as she took the bag from Terri's grasp.

Terri sniffed the air between them, and made a face. "You didn't brush." She said disapprovingly.

"Yeah, I decided to wait until you came so I could do this." Aven inched closer to her friend and breathed right under her nose.

"Gross! Aven!" Terri tried swatting Aven away, to no success.

After Aven brushed her teeth, the girls walked into the kitchen, where Cassandra was already watching one of her cheesy soaps on her iPad.

"Cass, look what I got!" Aven sang, waving the McDonalds bag in the air.

Cass shushed her without taking her eye of off the screen. "Quiet, Carlisa's about to admit she had an affair."

Aven rolled her eyes and began unpacking the steaming bag of food.

"So...I was gonna wait until we met Shiloh at the mall but..."

Aven raised an eyebrow. "But...?"

"I just can't wait that long! I need to know what's happening between you and David! Spill, now." Terri gushed. "Please?"

Aven suppresed the blush from rising to her cheeks as he remembered the details of Thursday night.

"Nothing's happening, really."

Terri scoffed. "Bullshit. Shit to the bull. You're getting all flustered! So, was Mareiro a good lover? I mean he has some strong looking arms and-"

"There was no love-making!" Aven blurted. "Just to be perfectly clear. There was just , ah..."

"Just ah what?" Terri leaned over the island counter until she was mere centimeters away from Aven's face. Her eyes were wide like saucers.

"We kinda...made out, a 'lil bit."