The Wedding Planner [Chapter 5]

Start from the beginning

I watched him shrug and I pulled the cell phone away from my mouth but I could still hear it ringing. "Now, what do you want on your pizza?"

~~~~~~

 I sat down beside Kirk on the couch and gave him a glance. All of the stupid arguing about having pepperoni on our pizza or having sausage was over, and we were waiting on the cheese pizzas to get here.

"I think I might end up coming around more often," Kirk said, his eyes locked on the TV as he changed the channels that waited for him to discover them.

I laughed some. "Why?" I asked.

"You have better channels here, and you let me eat pizza," he said, continuing with what he'd been doing before.

I laughed. "I'm not your mother."

Kirk smirked. "And I'm glad you aren't. You're to young to be my mom, much less a mom right now." My smile vanished as he looked at me, still clutching the remote in his hand. "I would honestly think you might be married by now. You know, planned your own wedding and stuff like that."

I looked down at the surface of my bright blue jeans and tried to hide my eyes by looking down. "I'm waiting for the right person still," I said quietly.

Kirk kept his eyes on me. His eyes were an odd color. I always thought they were this orange color that reminded me of fire, but Kirk insisted that they were a very light brown. But his eyes still reminded me of burning fire. And even when I wasn't looking at him, I could feel his eyes burning at me.

"You'll find him one day. You know that right?" Kirk said to me, perking my head up so I could look in his eyes. My heart began to race, and I wondered if he could hear it.

I think I already have found him, I wanted to say. He's sitting here. He's with me right now. He's you. I was glad that he couldn't read my thoughts, or I'd be screwed. Daphne would hate me if she found out I loved her fiancee, and Kirk would never talk to me again(I would think) if he knew that I loved him. But if he knew, I wouldn't have to plan this stupid wedding.

"Uhh, yeah," I spit out after a moment of thought.

Kirk smiled slightly at me. "Good. You never know. He may live right across the hall from you, or in the apartment right under yours," he suggested.

Westly. Um, no. I wouldn't marry him. So far, he's just a friend. And he'll probably stay that way until he gets married... or something like that. And the person living under my apartment was a creepy lady that had about thirty cats that she was hiding. The apartment building forbid pets, just like any other apartment building would. So that wasn't correct, my dear Kirk.

I nodded slightly. He released my head, and looked back at the TV screen.

"Kirk," I said.

"Hmm."