Dorado: Returning to Ruins

Start from the beginning

That's nice and all, but where am I? Better yet, where are we?

VEGA: We are currently trapped in an area referred to as the dimensional gap. From what I have been able to gather, Dr. Hayden did not actually set a physical destination for you. In fact, I believe that this is the exact place he meant to send you, in hopes of trapping you here forever.

Awesome.

The extra screen disappeared.

VEGA: Since I have successfully integrated with your Praetor Suit, I can activate the Tether system to travel to the nearest dimension. Do you wish for me to do so?

I nodded.

That'd be nice.

VEGA: I must warn you though, I cannot guarantee we will be landing anywhere familiar. We may land in Hell, Earth, Mars, an alternate Earth or a completely Alien planet. It may take many jumps and many attempts before we can even get close to our original dimension, and there is no guarantee we will succeed during your lifetime or any lifetime.

Will the demons of Hell still follow us?

VEGA: Given their ability to cross through dimensions unscathed, tgere is a possibility. Speaking of unscathed, there is also the small chance that you may change, for the better or for the worse, is entirely random. With that out of the way, do you still wish to proceed?

What other choice is there?

I nodded without hesistation.

VEGA: Very well.

VEGA's dialogue appeared on the left side of my visor, a small crack made some words illegible to read.

VEGA: Scanning nearby dimensions....
...
...
Dimension found. Activating tether system...
...
...
Jump in 3...
2...
1...
Jumping now...

Dorado, Mexico. 20XX...

The same light from before engulfed me. In the next instant, I landed on the ground on one knee. Slowly standing up, I looked at my hands as a small surge of electricity passed through my gauntlets.

Doom Slayer: It worked, but-.

What the-!?

Pulling my head back, I was both amazed and horrified by the groaning that was my voice. It was back, but...

I.....I sound like Sylvester Stallone. Maybe even worse.

A representation of VEGA appeared in the visor again.

VEGA: Sylvester Stallone was an accomplished action movie star in the 1980s.

Yes, but he also had the voice of a man with a stroke to compensate.

The symbol vanished again.

VEGA: It isn't as bad as you think.

I'm definently going to avoid talking all together.

VEGA: I advise against that.

Well too bad. Now...

 Now