Don't Fail Me Now

Title: The Drug In Me Is You by Falling In Reverse

--

Alex

Today is the day of my band's first gig, and I'm hella nervous. I feel sick. My anxiety levels are higher than ever.

I guess Jack noticed that I was anxious, because he kissed me and said, "You look freaked out. Are you okay, Lexy?" I flashed him a small smile, but shook my head.

"I'm scared, Jay," I responded. "What if I fuck up? I've never performed on a stage before!" Jack just chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"Lex, you're not going to fuck up. I know you," he said. "You've practiced these songs a lot. You couldn't possibly fuck up." I felt my cheeks heat up from a tad bit of embarrassment, and grinned widely. Okay, maybe he has a point.

I sighed heavily. "I guess you're right, Jay," I responded, still blushing slightly. "Thanks for the small pep talk." I pulled him in for a hug as he said, "No problem, baby."

When he pulled away from the hug, he took ahold of my chin with his right hand, and he gently pressed his lips to mine. Kissing him back, I grinned against his lips.

How did I get so lucky with a guy like Jack?

**

"Good evening everyone!" the MC at the bar cheered into his microphone. He smiled widely. He has really bright teeth! They're almost as bright as Rian's!

"Welcome to Hurricane Bay! I'm Victor, your MC for the night, and we've got a new act for you tonight!" he said as the audience cheered.

He chuckled, "Give it up for All Time Low!" he called out and left the stage. The four of us walked out and took our places.

I stopped walking when I reached the microphone. I rested my hand on the mic. "Hey, everybody! I'm Alex," I said. "That's Jack," I gestured towards my boyfriend, then turned to the side and pointed at Rian, "That's Rian," and then turned to Zack, "And that's my best friend, Zack! We're All Time Low!" I said into the microphone. The crowd applauded every time I introduced the four of us.

"We're gonna play you a few songs tonight. This first song is a song I wrote. It's called Damned If I Do Ya! Hope you like it!" I said as Rian started drumming.

"I fought it for a long time now

While drowning in a river of denial..."

**

"Therapy,

You were never a friend to me!

And you can choke on your misery..." I sang.

"Thank you so much. You've been such a great audience!" I shouted into the microphone for the last time after I finished the last song of the set.

I walked off stage, with slight tears in my eyes from singing Therapy. Jack sprinted to me, picking me up, and spinning me a bit. When he finally put me down, he kissed me.

"Baby, you were so great tonight!" he mumbled against my lips. I grinned and pulled away.

"You too, baby," I replied. "I lo--"

"Alexander." I was interrupted by the voice of my dad calling my name.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked, hoping, in a way, that this was just a dream.

Jack wrapped his arm around my torso protectively and pulled me closer to his body. I would have pulled away, but Jack made me feel secure, and I love being in his arms, so I let it slide.

"I just wanted to apologize for my behavior towards you over the last twenty years," he said, and I could already feel my eyes start to tear up. "You're my son, and I should have never treated you with such disrespect and hatred. And your sexuality doesn't bother me anymore. Cassadee made me realize that your happiness is what matters most, because it does. I love you, and I really hope you can forgive me."

And that's when I lost it.

I walked up to my father and hugged him tightly, slightly sobbing into his shoulder.  When he hugged me back, I said, "Thank you so much, dad. This is all I ever wanted from you, your love and acceptance." to him.

"It's no trouble, Alexander," he said to me. "I'm glad that Cassadee shouted at your mother and I."

I chuckled softly, "Me too. Jacky, could you remind me to thank Cassadee later?" I said, pulling away from my father's embrace. Jack laughed a bit as he walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my middle, gently brushing his lips on my neck and nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck, before repsonding to me with, "Alright, baby. Don't forget to thank Cassadee for yelling at your parents."

I laughed. "You're such a dork, Jay." I whispered to him, though it was loud enough for my dad to hear.

Jack giggled and pulled me closer to him, "But I'm your dork, Lexy." he whispered back just as loud as I.

I grinned, slightly giggling as I moved my face closer to his. "That you are." I said as I gently caressed his face and brushed my lips against his softly. 

For a moment, I almost forgot that my dad was here, standing in front of us until he shouted how cute he thought we were. I blushed from slight embarrassment and giggled.

"By the way, Alexander," my dad spoke up. "I saw you and your band playing tonight. I thought you were great. I have to go, but I wanted to ask you if you'll come down to the diner for lunch tomorrow so we can catch up? Ya know, have a little father-son bond since I never gave that to you as a kid? I want to make it up to you." I froze up a little bit. He really wants to make it up to me, he's really trying.

"I'd love to, dad." I replied.

"And Jack, is it?" Jack nodded. "Feel free to accompany Alexander if you can. I'd like to get to know you, since you're dating my eldest." Jack's small smile turned into a huge grin as he nodded.

"I'll be there, Mr. Gaskarth." Jack responded, his voice sounding ecastatic.

"Great, I'll see the both of you tomorrow. And Alexander?"

"Yeah, dad?"

"Tell Cassadee that she may have her job back, and tell Zachary that I say 'Hi'. Your mother had no say in firing your best friend just because she yelled the truth at us, so she may start back at the diner tomorrow morning. I've got to get going, so I'll see you both tomorrow. Goodnight, lovebirds." my dad said before walking away and winking at Jack & I. I couldn't help but blush.

"Goodnight dad, see you tomorrow!" I called out to him, waving goodbye to him. I turned around in Jack's arms and wrapped mine around his neck while his stayed in the same place as before.

"How did my dad know we'd be playing here tonight?" I asked, more to myself, but Jack answered anyway.

"While you were at the music shop going to the bathroom earlier today, I sprinted to the diner and asked him if he'd be here tonight. He said he'd think about it, and he came. And it made you happy, I could tell it did, and that's all I wanted out of this." Jack said.

I grinned and kissed him with force. Not 'Against-His-Will' force, but "Aw-You-Little-Shit-That's-So-Fucking-Sweet-Of-You' force. Of course he wanted it, though. It wasn't lust-filled, it was filled with love, passion, and gratefulness. I can't believe he did that just to make me happy.

When I pulled away, I quickly [and gently] pecked his lips again, "Thank you, Jack. That was so sweet of you!" I exclaimed before pulling him into another kiss.