Chapter 10: The Phoenix Burns

*Third Person POV*

The red walls of the castle,

The sounds of pouring wine and the wedding crowd,

The disappointed and sad looks on the peerages faces,

Th strange man with blonde hair, his hand too close to Rias' body,

The red of Rias' hair,

And the white of her dress.

It was the wedding day, Rias Gremory and Riser Phoenix. Two of the strongest devil clans, joining together to help the devil race survive. Too bad Rias didn't really agree with the whole thing. Her peerage didn't either.

But they couldn't do anything. They lost, fair and square.

Too bad, so sad.

.

.

.

Okay, so that's not entirely true. There was still one guy that could save her.

Y/n Ryuk, her love. Wielder of Death's Scythe.

But he hadn't been seen or heard from in a month, even when they need him most during the rating game, he wasn't there.

Rias looked down, saddened by the thought that she might never see Y/n again.

Suddenly, the door burst open, black feathers flew through the air, "Surprise my dear!"

Standing it what was left of the door was the current Death, Kian Azrail, Issei Hyoudou, Red dragon emperor, Asia Argento, her bishop.

And Y/n Ryuk, with his foot in the air, as if he had kicked down the door.

Rias gasped when she saw who it was, "Why are you here?"

{Flashback 5 Minutes.}

*Y/n POV*

We were all standing outside of the door to the ballroom, where I would challenge Riser.

"Everyone ready?" I asked.

"What's the plan again?" Issei asked.

Thanatos face palmed, "You idiot. Y/n is going to burst down the door, challenge Riser, and kick his ass."

Issei gave him a thumbs up, "Got it."

"Good luck Y/n." Asia said as I raised my foot.

I kicked the door down with my full force.

I saw the surprised faces of everybody around me as I yelled, "Surprise my dear!"

Rias looked at me surprised, "Why are you here?"

I chuckled a bit, walking over to the refreshments table, grabbing a bottle of vodka, "Well, I heard there was a party, so I thought I'd bring entertainment."

"Who dares disturb my wedding?" Riser asked, pissed, "And what do you mean 'entertainment'?"

I downed the bottle and laughed, "Well jackass, I challenge you to a one on one fight."

We stared each other down, the room eerily quiet, then we both bust out laughing.

"You think a low-life like you can beat me?" He asked, as I stopped laughing.

"Yeah, I do."

"Who even are you?"

I got sober in an instant, getting serious, "I am Y/n Ryuk, a shinigami. I am also the descendant of Death, and wielder of Death's Scythe."