Oh Hell Nah

Cheeky Smile^^

Everything hurt. Crying myself to sleep was not a good idea. How am I going to walk out there and face this world after what happened yesterday?! I got ready for the day and put my braids up in a cute bun. 

And I heard my phone ringing. "Goddamn it, let me get ready." I yelled at it. But of, cousre I still picked it up and said "Hello?" (A/N Adele where you at?)

"Hello, sweetheart." None other than my amazing father. I love him so much he's gotten me through so much. I was tempted to tell him about yesterday, but I knew he would murder Erik and Oscar so I didn't. 

"Hi, daddy" (A/N LMAOOO) I said in a cute daughter voice.

"I have someone I want you to meet. Maybe you could come over this weekend." He said enthusiastically.

"Um, can I know the person's name?"

"His name is T'challa Udaku." He was peppy-er  than me with his reply. Well with this voice whoever it is must be very important.

"Actually dad I'll skip today and just come and visit you."

"You shouldn't do that sweetie," he scolded "But since I haven't seen you in forever so why not!"

I mentally high-five myself I don't even have to go on campus today!

"Ok, daddy see you in a bit."

I finished getting ready grabbed a coat hoped in my car and drove for an hour finally got to my dad's spacious condo. The house I grew up in I step out of the car and gave the air a big sniff. I loved country air it smelled so much cleaner and it was ten times lighter in my lungs.

I rang the doorbell and as the sound resounded through the house, I heard the door open almost instantly. And there I was face to face to a beautiful man. 

He spoke. "My name's T'challa, your dad went out to buy milk so he could make you a cake he said cake is your favorite meal and I–"

Realizing he was rambling I interrupted and said, "It's all right this is basically my house, I can come in right?"

He started for a little bit making me a little more self-conscious than usual. "Uh, yeah yeah sorry I didn't mean to block your way in." I caught a hint of an accent when he said 'in'. After I got settled in a little I noticed that T'challa eyes were glued on the TV. The headlines read MASS SHOOTING 5 PEOPLE DEAD. The expression on his face almost unreadable.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked to make sure he was alright, I mean I didn't need a man dying in my house. 

"Yes, but when I see news like this, it makes wish I had been there or done something, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I get, I try to avoid the news it makes me want to cry most of the time," I said softly.

"You're more empathetic than most American girls I've meet," he chuckled

"And how many American girls have you met exactly?" I said almost accusingly.

"About 40, they were all very beautiful but I think you're the prettiest so far." He said with a big cheeky smile on his face I was going to say something then my dad walked in. 

"Hey I see you already met T'challa, come help me finish this cake will you?" He said. And I got up and mix the butter and the milk make the cake creamy.  (A/N I know nothing about baking lol). I noticed that as I was mixing T'challa and my dad were speaking fervently in whispers. 

"Hey sweetheart?" My dad said calling me to come to him.

"Yes daddy," I walked over slowly questioning the situation, "What is it?"

He began, "You're twenty-three and there's been a lot of talk back home about you not getting married yet." He took a deep breath, "But I think it would be really good if you got married within the next year."

I stared at him did he know what was coming out of his mouth right now. "I will not marry anyone until I feel ready to!" I took a shaky breath, "I-I can't believe you would even propose something like this I just broke up with my boyfriend that I've been dating for four years, are you serious?"

"I was afraid you would say that." He replied, "T'challa wants to marry you and I think you should give him a chance to show himself to you okay hon?"

I was bewildered and I looked over at T'challa, "So this was apart of a plan you planned this?"

"No, no my mother says its time for me to get married to and since you're from Wakanda I just thought..."

"So what, I was in a magazine and you just picked from there?" I huffed, "This is so unfair." I walked straight into my bedroom despite the flour on my shirt and hands and slammed the door as hard as I could.

Life just keeps getting better and better.

I heard a gentle knock on my door, I slowly opened it and found it was T'challa. "So was that a yes or a no." He said with his cheeky smile.

I chuckled, "I'll go on one date with you and if I think its okay, then maybe, so its all probability hon."

"Probability, is all I need baby." He said still smiling at you and he opened the door a bit wider and kissed me on the cheek.

My skin jumped my heart fluttered. He did not just. The way my blood pumped faster, my palms went sweaty. Calm down it was just a kiss on the cheek ughh. 

I just shook my head smiling, and pushed him out the door. When the door was shut I slid my back all the way down so I was sitting against it and whispered to my self "Oh hell, no."