Desgosto

11

Raised voices. One yelling in Irish, the other responding in a thick british accent.

“You cannot be serious! Have you lost your mind?”

Throwing on my chemise and a robe, I flung the door open and made my way to the landing. Harry and Niall were in a heated argument in the foyer.

“This doesn’t concern you, Niall,” Harry growled.

“Oh it doesn’t?  We all swore to protect her. Even if it’s from you!” Niall yelled at him as he started to walk away. Harry turned quickly. I could see this would not end well if I didn’t intervene.

“HARRY!  STOP!” I yelled as I ran down the stairs. The sound of my voice stopped him instantly. “It’s Niall. You will not harm him.”

His body stiffened at the order as he obeyed; anger in his eyes.

“I will do as I please,” He bit back at his friend.

“You need to think about how what you “please” will affect her,” Niall said stepping closer.

“The two of you...stop!” I yelled stepping in between them. “You cannot fight because of me.”

“We aren’t fighting because of you, pet. We’re fighting because He made a rash decision,” Niall bit back at me.

“Do not disrespect her like that!” Harry growled stepping towards him. Raising my hands, I turned toward him.

“Stop. Please. I am asking you to stop,” I begged placing my hands on his chest. I could feel the strength behind my hands as he pushed back. “Harry, look at me.” He continued to stare Niall down over my head.

“Master!” The tone in my voice caught his attention again. “He is only making sure I am safe. Stop this. He doesn’t know what happened,” I said softly once he looked at me. Once I knew he had calmed, I turned to Niall.

“Do not place all of the blame on him. I was a willing participant,” I leveled Niall with a stare as I reached behind me for Harry’s hand.

Niall’s eyebrows flew up in surprise. The amusement in his eyes registered with me. He chuckled, “That’s not what we’re discussing, Daria.”

Harry chuckled behind me and placed a kiss to the back of my head.  Embarrassed, I looked down at my bare feet, “Oh.”

“None of my business,” Niall said holding his hands up. “We’ll discuss everything else later, H,” He said laughing as he walked away.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

Harry wrapped his arms around my middle, pulling me closer to him, “No worries, Love. I’m sure they figured you were willing,” he laughed into my hair.  “Apparently Liam has a new aversion.”

“What?” I asked turning in his arms.

“We were pretty loud,” he said placing his forehead against mine.

“Oh...”

“Bloody hell, it echoes in this house, ya know,” Liam whined as he walked past us.

I could feel the blush on my cheeks as I buried my head in Harry’s chest.

“You’re embarrassing her,” Harry admonished him.

“You embarrassed me! I didn’t need to hear that!”

The chuckle built quickly in Harry’s chest.  It was good to hear him laughing again. Pulling back, I smiled at him. I took his hand in mine and started for the stairs.