Alma

Chapter 4

Alma

I woke; my eyes swollen shut from crying for hours. I was still exhausted from everything that happened.

Finally able to open my eyes, I looked around. The dark green and grey curtains on the windows explained why I had smelled Harry. Niall had brought me to his room.

I pulled the thick white comforter over my head and curled into a ball. I laid there just breathing in and out. My heart aching for him. The skin on my arm burned, from where Jeff had tried to grab me, as I shifted under the covers. Someone had put me in one of my nightgowns. Tangling a hand in my hair, I found it damp. My hair had been washed.

How long had I been asleep? Had I lost consciousness?

Pulling my legs from the covers, I looked at the curtains closed tightly as usual.  I padded over and peeled one back a bit. It was pitch black out.

“You’re awake.” Louis’ voice carried in the quiet room.

“How long was I asleep?”

“Not as long as you think. Maybe six hours.”

I got back under the blankets, pulling them to my chin. He was sitting in the leather chair Harry loved.

“Hello, love,” he smiled at me after I settled.

“Evening,” I answered with a sniffle.

“Would you like something to eat? Are you thirsty?”

“I...would like... to see him,” I said quietly. “Why did you take him away before I could see him?”

“Honestly, you probably shouldn’t have seen him. It wasn’t...pretty,” he said looking at his hands. “I’ve taken care of everything.”

“I loved him.”

“The driver?” He asked looking at me like I had lost my mind.

“No, I hope to god you killed that bastard,” I said angrily. “I loved Harry.”

“Then why do you want to see Jeff?” He stood walking towards the bed.

“I don’t want to see him. Niall said Harry was gone. He said you took care of him. I want to see him,” I begged kneeling on the bed.

He smiled oddly at me, “I’m going to go get you some food and some water. I’ll be back.”

I threw myself back against the bed like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum and growled in frustration.

He returned a little while later leaving me to eat alone in Harry’s private space. Liam came and collected the tray from me an hour later. He ignored my pleas to see Harry too.

Not wanting to leave the room because it made me feel closer to him, I pulled a book from one of his bookcases and got back into bed. I read well into the daylight hours.

~LWTY~

I left the room only twice in the coming weeks. I packed up my clothes and moved them into his closet. A week later, I packed up the rest of my belongings and moved them in; interspersing them with his. I slept in his designer button downs. I used his shower products. I learned to read russian poetry.

When the products got low, they somehow were replenished. When the shirts needed washing, they were washed.

Niall brought my breakfast up a few weeks after I had moved into the room.

“Good Morning, Pet! How are we today?”

“Morning, Niall,” I nodded from the bed. “May I ask a favor?”