Chapter 5 : It Will Pain You

Start from the beginning

"Lynn? Sweetie what are you doing down her so early?" Liz asked.

"Waiting for you." Lynn said.

Lynn sat up on the floor, sitting crisscrossed applesauce. She put her hands together in her lap as she starred at her mom.

"Why are you waiting up for me?" Liz asked.

"Just have some questions." Lynn said.

Liz walked over to the kitchen counter and grabbed a pan from under the sink. She placed it on the stove.

"Um...questions like what?" Liz asked.

"How did Auntie Syrena die?"

Liz looked at her daughter confused. Why would she be asking these questions? She turned back to the stove and turned it on. Taking two eggs out of the fridge she cracked them over the pan. And threw the egg shells away.

"She was murdered. Didn't your father tell you?" Liz says.

"By who?" Lynn asks.

"Why does it matter?"

Lynn got up from her spot on the floor. She balled her hands up at her side.

"Who did it?" Lynn asked.

"Why-"

"Who?!"

"Lynn-"

"Tell me!" Lynn demanded.

Liz

"Why is this so important to you?! You wouldn't understand! Your just a child!"

"Tell me!! Who did it?!!"

Liz turned away from the stove. Her face red.

"Your father protected everyone who lives on this earth, including me! He wouldn't have done it! It's not my fault I told him a lie!"

Lynn froze. Liz put her hands over her mouth and closed her eyes. Lynn looked down at the floor. Her eyes started to get watery.

"Did daddy..."

"Baby-"

"He did it?! He killed her!"

"Lynn just calm down and we can talk-"

"NO! HOW COULD YOU NOT TOLD ME BEFORE?! AND YOU LIED?! SHE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU! THE BOTH F YOU!"

Liz reached her arm out to touch Lynn's shoulder but she slapped it away. With a quick turn, Lynn ran up the stairs and into her room. Throwing the door open she stood in the middle of their door way. Zeke looked up from playing with his toys.

"Lynn what's wrong?" Zeke asked.

"Get out." Lynn whispered.

"What?"

"GET OUT! GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!"

Zeke scrambled to his feet and ran out of their room, going past his sister. Lynn slammed the door shut. She walked over to the bathroom that was connected to their room and the hall way. Lynn looked at herself. She felt disgusted when she saw those two yellow orbs looking back at her. Her fathers eyes. Her eyes.

She wanted to scratch them out, or make herself go blind so she wouldn't have to see them anymore. A sob came from her lips as she laid her head down on the bathroom counter. She started to cry.

"Auntie...please. I need you." Lynn said, her voice braking.

Lynn felt a cold hand on her back, rubbing up and down in a comforting way. She lifted up her head and saw her Aunt. Syrena's eyes held worry and concern for her niece.

"I am so sorry, Lynn." Syrena said.

"I don't want them...my eyes."

"There's nothing I can do. For now. But..."

Lynn looked at Syrena, who smiled widely. She told Lynn to turn around. She did and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were a bright yellow, brighter than her fathers. And it didn't take up her whole eye. Just the iris. Her pupils were like a cats.

Lynn put a hand up to the mirror in fascination.

"Good, right."

"No. Beautiful!"

"Those are the eyes of my kind. They turn that way when we get angry or frustrated. And when we are going to attack."

Lynn smiled.

"And now their mine?" Lynn asked.

"Yes and No. I made you see your eyes this way. Your eyes are still the same to everyone else. But when you look at them you see them like this." Syrena says.

"Thank you, so much."

Syrena placed a gentle kiss on top of her head.

"Anything to make you smile, little one."