Chapter 24: Meetings

Začať od začiatku

I couldn’t even move 10 feet from the alley before my phone was ringing; I took it from my pocket. “I’m so popular today.” The caller ID said it was an unknown number, but I answered it.

Katherine: Who are you?

Elijah: It’s Elijah. I’ve been digging through Kol’s things for an hour now, we have a problem.

Katherine: What’s the problem?

Elijah: Kol.

Katherine: What about Kol? Stop being vague!

Elijah: Well we had the witch do the spell that made him appear dead, but then Niklaus removed the dagger from his chest and threatened me with it.

Katherine: And? That just means we can blame Klaus for Kol being awake.

Elijah: You obviously do not know my brother as well as you claim. He put the dagger back, except this time the ash was with it.

Katherine: Why did you let that happen?

Elijah: You think I could stop it? If I did, Niklaus would know something was wrong.

Katherine: He’s going to figure it out anyways when Evangeline starts remembering things! You know as well as me that she’ll go right back to Mystic Falls, back to him. One of you needs to get here and do it all again before she actually does remember!

Elijah: There’s no way we could make it to the Bahamas in time without Niklaus noticing. I have to be here and Kol won’t wake up in time.

Katherine: We aren’t in the Bahamas, plans changed.

Elijah: Just keep her there, snap her neck if you must, but don’t let her out of your sight until one of us can make it there.

Katherine: How long do I have until she begins remembering?

Elijah: It’ll start with a headache, then it’ll get worse and she will begin having the flashbacks of all the things she was compelled to forget. I’d say you have less than an hour before the headache, but it could be faster.

Katherine: I have to find her.

Elijah: She’s not with you?

Katherine: If she was then she would have heard everything; of course I’m not that stupid! I need to go, you better hurry up and get here.

I hung up without a reply and immediately took off as fast as I could—without drawing attention—through the crowd of people outside the airport. To my utter horror; Angie wasn’t where I’d left her. “Damn it! I cursed, catching the attention of the people around me. “Stop staring at me!”