Episode 6: Mercury Fighter Part I

Start from the beginning

"Tia!!" HJ reached the third step and jumped over the railing as he stood in the living room in his normal clothes: A blue jean jacket over a white a t-shirt and beige jeans with Timberland boots.

"Well, you look somewhat clean..."

HJ chuckled. "You don't look too bad yourself...I'm mean, you can still definitely use a stylist."

Tia pursed her lips and looked around the cottage. "God this place is so cool. The furniture is nice, the walls are beautifully decorated, and there's a pool table like come on. Why don't the other houses have something like this...all we have are common rooms."

"Well, I guess it's one of the perks of being a sports-based house. We're one of the few highlights of the college."

'Ah!!" Tia rolled her eyes. "So, where are you going? I thought you had practice today."

"I was...but..." HJ looked at Tia. "I need to tell you something."

__________________

Tia sat on the leg of the chair while HJ leaned against the wall. Her eyes were wide open with shocked after what HJ just told her. "So someone on the team rigged the game?"

HJ sighed. "Yeah..."

"Which is how the other team won?"

HJ sighed again. "Yeah..."

"But how...why?"

"Well...." HJ shifted towards the glass table and opened his bag. He took out one sheet of paper with a long list of the boxing team members. He handed it to Tia as she looked at the list. "--Coach and Kraven suspect that the reason why the person did it...is because they were paid by someone on the other team--"

"Or the coach himself--"

"Herself." HJ corrected. "She's one of the top boxing coaches in the state."

"Ok, but if there's actually rumors going on, spending more time letting them develop will be risky. It will only be a matter of time before all the news outlets begins to suspect that they're true." Tia explained. "Someone needs to come forward with the truth."

"I know...and that's why I'm not going to practice today." HJ said. "I need find the person who did it...by myself."

"Ok, but wouldn't it be better just to go to practice and interview your teammates?"

"No, I need to do this out of the book."

"Out of the book?" Tia raised an eyebrow. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm gonna break into each of their lockers until I find evidence."

"What?!!" Tia bald the sheet of people and threw it at HJ's face hoping it would make him come to his sense, but his head was too hard to penetrate. "HJ, that's a stupid idea!!"

"How? I already broke into their rooms and checked their belongings and dressers---"

"WHAT!!!" Tia grabbed HJ's arms. "HJ, you can't do that. If you do then you'll definitely get kicked out."

"If I don't, I'll get kicked out anyways." HJ removed Tia's hands. "Like you said, it's only a matter of time before the news hears about the rumors and will wonder why the school didn't kick out the penetrator."

Both of them sighed. "I have to do this, Tia, in order to clear my name. I don't want Darren and my father, especially my father, thinking I'm a cheater."

"Wait..." Tia's eyes widened. "Your father is al---"

"I gotta get going." HJ stared at the clock. "I wanna get this done before class. Don't worry, no one will catch this sexy beast going through lockers." HJ jogged to the door and got his pair of keys off of the hanger. He looked back at Tia. "I'll talk to you tonight and tell you what I found...before curfew, of course."