Raiden and Kano's 'Date' Night

Start from the beginning

I smiled at Raiden as he sang and played the guitar and we couldn't help but look into each other's eyes. Just then, Ronin showed up and he smiled at Raiden.

"You really are a talented musician Raiden."

"Well it's like I said before my buddies and I are going to become a famous band."

I giggled at Raiden and I said to him.

"True but, you're the biggest show off out that band of yours, you tend to play and sing solo half of the time."

"I'll admit that I tend to have a habit of doing that but, that's only because I love to show off for you, Kano."

Raiden said with a wink making me blush a little. Ronin chuckled and he then said to us.

"I remember when I was your age, I tried to get women's attention by singing and playing an instrument but that failed miserably, I couldn't sing and every time I played an instrument I always get something thrown in my face, literally."

Raiden and I laughed at his comment and I asked him.

"Did you try anything else?"

"I did and that was writing poems that's how I met Alexius since she had an interest in all of the reading and writing subjects."

Raiden sighed and he then spoke up.

"He's right and Mom never lets me forget about it, she used to go on and on about how you used to take her out on those date nights and how the two of you met, ugh, honestly I thought I would never hear the end of it."

"That used to be the same for me and Otu-san, he would tell me how he and Okaa-san made and he even told about how the two of them shared their first kiss, yuck!"

Ronin chuckled and he then said to us.

"You two have been training hard for these last few days, why don't the two of you go into town? there's a festival being held in town, it'll do you two some good to get out of the castle for a while."

Raiden and I liked the sound of that idea and then we went to get ready. When got into town, Ronin wasn't joking when we saw some of the townsfolk looking excited and they getting their stalls ready.

"Whoa, so this is what a festival is like?"

"That's right, I forgot you were born and raised in Texas so you don't know what a festival is like in Japan, you're gonna love it."

I excitedly said as he held his hand and I then said to him.

"But we better get changed."

"What does that mean?"

"During festivals in Japan we get to wear kimonos or yukatas it's always been a tradition around here."

Raiden was a bit confused at first until we got to a shop and then the male shopkeeper helped him get changed into his kimono. After I got changed into my Yukata, came over to Raiden and he was wearing a dark blue kimono and he left a bit of it loose so that a bit of his chest was showing and he was still wearing his dog tags and his cross.

"You look handsome."

I commented as I approached him and then Raiden looked at me and he smiled at me when he saw me wearing my yukata and I had my hair done as well.