"Not now" Mikey replied. "Meet me at pops tomorrow" then he started walking back to his 'friends'

"Wait!" Scott yelled, Mikey turned to look at him. "Could you tell me where Mason's cafe is?"

Mikey chuckled, "Two stores down from Pops"

Scott wanted to thank him but Mikey was back with his posies in the blink of an eye. He got a blast from the past when him and his best friend used to hang out. That didn't dispel who Mikey had become but didn't overshadow who he was. Scott couldn't wait to talk to him tomorrow, there was so much to discuss.

**

Mason's cafe was small and cozy. It gave you a relaxed feeling upon entering. As any other cafe would, the delicious aroma didn't allow you to take a step back out after entering without having a bite. Scott didn't see Mason anywhere in sight. If he was the baker, then he was hold up in the kitchen. He took a seat and ordered a cup of coffee. Asking the waiter if he could tell Mason he was here.

Sipping the warm liquid, he looked around the cafe. It wasn't full due to the time of day so when he got a glimpse of Elijah at the far end of the cafe with a short hair girl, he choked on the brown liquid. Elijah said something to her in which she turned and smiled at him. Waving, making him wonder if he knew her. Elijah excused himself, walking over to Scott who was starting to panic in his seat.

"Hey" Elijah greeted him, his hands buried deep in his pocket as his light blue eyes pierce Scott's brown ones.

"Hi" Scott replied, settling his cup of coffee on the table. There was so much that he wanted to say but the words couldn't leave his lips. If only Elijah could read his mind-- his heart and see all the emotions he couldn't express. Sadly he had to use his words to convey his feelings.

"That's Carly" Elijah said, noticing Scott looking at the girl behind him. "I believe you two know each other"

"Yeah we do" Scott had to stare long and hard at Carly. She had grown so much. Her long blonde hair was now shoulder length but her glasses remained in tack.

"She's been wanting to meet you"

"I could go say hi now" Scott suggested, getting up from his seat when Elijah eased him back on his seat.

"She's a bit busy right now"

"I'll talk to her next time then" Scott looked at Carly then at Elijah.

A loud crash resonated throughout the cafe. Elijah and Scott turned in the direction of the sound to see Carly stumbling a bit, her cup of coffee on the floor.

"Is she okay?" Scott asked, worried to the bone that something bad might happen to Carly.

"She's beyond exhaustion" Elijah ran a hand through his hair. "I have to deal with her so can we umm... talk tomorrow"

"Yeah" Scott knew the talk would let them know where they stand.

Elijah was about to say something else when Mason greeted Scott, dusting his hands on his flour stained apron. For a second Scott saw a grim look on Elijah's face before he smiled and walked over to Carly. Mason took a seat opposite to Scott, his eyes following Elijah's every move. Carly was okay as Elijah helped her out the cafe.

"I didn't know you and Elijah were friends" Mason drew Scott's attention to him. "I always thought you hated him"

"Why would I hate him" Scott raised a brow. He wouldn't call Elijah his friend at this point. They were stuck between friendship and a relationship. Only a single answer separating them.

"Back in highschool it was clear that he was infatuated with you. You ignored him so I thought you disliked him " Mason shrugged. "We weren't close but I noticed that much"

"I didn't know him until recently" Scott admitted. He knew Elijah wanted to play baseball because of him back in middle school but that was as far as he got.

"Then all turns out well for him" Mason said. "I can see you've changed quite the bit too"

"Not as much as you have" Scott said, not wanting for the conversation to stay his way for too long. "A cafe owner, your even more outspoken than before"

Mason chuckled, "I'll take that as a compliment. This cafe has been a dream of mine and not to boast but my baking skills are top notch"

Scott didn't think there was anything that could top Elijah's apple pie. "Do you think that maybe..." Scott hesitated, he wasn't sure why he was asking such a question. "If we had continued after that kiss then maybe we would have something now?"

Mason was taken back by the question. "Back then I liked you but you didn't take a step and so did I. I thought faith didn't want us to be together, you fell back into your normal life so did I and I was pretty sure you didn't like me"

Maybe Scott didn't like Mason in the same way he did. If Scott had to answer his own question he was glad faith had different plans for them. Yes, he might sound cruel and that he's experienced some bad things because of it but that led to something great. Someone that he was meant to be with, that would show him the greater things in life.

He's found his answer and nothing was going to falter his decision.