She closed the door behind her and said, "Did something happen?"

"I want for you to answer that question" Scott said, watching Maddie grow uncomfortable each passing moment. "Did something happen Maddie?"

"Nope, everything's chipper on my end" Maddie replied, sitting beside her older brother. A fake smiled plastered on her lips.

"Is it mom and dad?" Scott asked, recalling their earlier conversation.

"What? No, what's mom and dad have to do with anything?" Scott knitted his brows, he thought for sure Maddie was upset because of what they said.

"Then what is it?"

"How did things go with you and Elijah" she shifted the conversation. Scott hadn't really taken notice until now that everyone has been directing all their attention to him even Maddie herself. He was sure she had a few problems of her own. How many times did she storm up those stairs only to sit in her room and let the rough winds pass. 

"This isn't about me and Elijah" as much as Scott would like to tell her about the amazing view, the apple pie and kiss. In this moment it was all about Maddie Finnegan. "This is about you"

"I'm fine Scott" Maddie rested her hand on his in a reassuring way. "I'm serious"

"What's this?" Scott grab ahold of her hands, pulling down the sleeves of her blouse revealing a fresh bruise on her wrist. "How'd you get that?"

Maddie pulled her hands from him, covering up the bruise then said, "it's nothing serious. I just estimated the wrong size of a bracelet and it ended up being too tight" 

Scott knew his younger sister was a bad liar. She was bold and straight forward but she couldn't tell a lie. "You know you can talk to me Maddie"

"I have a lot of homework to do plus I have a test coming up" Maddie said, walking over to her desk where her laptop, books and papers where. "I'd like to be alone"

"I talked to Mikey" Scott said. He didn't talk to Mikey at all, he just wanted to see if Maddie would react somehow.

There was a long pause, Maddie slowly looking up to look at Scott, "I-Is that so. You better not let mom find out"

"I'll leave you to study" Scott headed for the door. He got the reaction he needed, he knew there was more to Mikey and Maddie than she let on.

Scott didn't head back to his room. Instead he was planning on heading out. He remembered Mason had a cafe around town. It was the perfect excuse to leave the house with the chance of encountering Mikey. Somehow he always seem to find Scott and he was hoping Mikey would cross his path. Scott didn't know what he would do when he stood face to face with Mikey. If anything he wanted to resolve anything without the use of violence.

To Scott's luck he saw Mikey the same place they met the first time. He looked to have business with Scott the moment he saw him, he headed in his direction. Scott slowed his pace, acting as if he didn't notice Mikey walking towards him.

"Scotty" Mikey called, catching up to Scott who stopped and turned to look at him. "I need to talk to you"

Mikey looked much different from the first time that met since Scott came back home. His scruffy beard was now clean shaven, his clothes was clean and well fitted. But there was still the smell of cigarette on him. Even his hair wasn't sticking in all directions.

"Sure, what did you need to talk to me about?" Scott was still amused by how well he cleaned himself up. This was the Mikey he knew, the fashionable jock who always bought his A game.