One:

Louis

"Mum.." Louis kissed his mother's cheek. "I promise! I'll be fine."

"Listen to your son, Jay." Louis' step-father said, putting the luggage in the back of their car.

Louis' parents had been planning their weekend get-away for months and Louis couldn't be more excited for them.

"Are you sure you can handle the house all by yourself?" Jay asked with concern. "It's very big."

The house was indeed very big, or the mansion as it should be called.

Louis' parents were very wealthy, they were known to be one of the richest families in all of Doncaster.

This didn't stop Louis from agreeing to house-sit. He knew he could handle it.

What's the worst that could happen?

"I promise, I can handle it." Louis smiled. "I've always wanted the house to myself."

Jay furrowed her brows. "You better not have any wild parties while we're gone."

"Oh, c'mon." Louis waved his hand, chuckling lightly. "I would never do that."

"That better not be sarcasm." Louis' step-father chimed in.

Louis looked down at his watch, realizing it was getting late.

"You guys need to go." Louis nodded. "I promise, everything will be fine."

Jay smiled before kissing the top of Louis' head. "Alright, sweetie. I'm trusting you since you're an adult now."

"This is true." Louis snickered.

Louis' step-father went in for a quick hug. "We'll be back by Sunday afternoon."

"Sounds good."

"Keep your phone on!" Jay went in for one last hug. "I'll be calling to check up on you."

"I will, I will." Louis hugged her tightly before rushing her to leave. "C'mon, time is wasting."

"Alright, alright.. I'm going." Jay jumped in the passenger seat of the car, waiting for her husband to start the car.

"I love you guys!" Louis waved at them. "Have fun at the cabin!"

"We love you too!" His parents shouted one last time before driving away and out of sight.

Louis sighed, looking up at the large mansion in front of him.

"Well.." He shrugged. "Looks like it's just you and me."

Louis winced at his own comment. "Did I really just talk to a house? I really need some friends."

The night seemed to progress as it normally would for Louis.

He yawned quietly before looking over at the clock.

It read 11:57 p.m

"Shit." Louis shook his head. "Where did the night go.."

He looked down at his phone, reading a text from his mother.

'I know it's late honey but I just wanted you to know that we arrived at the cabin! I hope you're having fun housesitting lol I love you lots. I'll text you in the morning.'

Louis smiled before sending a text of his own.

'Glad you got there safe. I love you too! Goodnight.'

He clicked send before putting his phone in his pocket.

Realizing he should probably get ready for bed, Louis walked into the kitchen; preparing a glass of water for himself.

Louis gasped under his breath when he thought he heard a noise coming from the upstairs.

He bit his lip before slowing walking toward the bottom of the stairs to investigate.

"Um.." He cleared his throat, looking up. "Hello?"

There was no answer.

Louis figured it was just his imagination.

He walked back into the kitchen, making the mistake of turning his back to the stairs.