Making You Mine - 22

The doctor walks into the room while I'm lying on Callum's bed. He looks at him and says. "Callum, can you step out of the room while I talk to our patient here?"

Callum kisses the top of my head. "I'll be waiting for you outside. If you need anything give me a yell." He stands up and walks to the door. Taking one last look at me he exits the room and closes the door gently.

The doctor has silver hair and blue eyes, he smiles kindly at me. "I'm Doctor Benson. Can you tell me what happened?"

"I was swimming at the beach and I got hammered by the waves. During one of the dives, I hit my head against a rock."

"Show me whereabouts. I need to make sure you're not bleeding."

Moving my hair to the side I point at where it's tender. There's a small lump forming where I hit the rock.

"Did you blackout at all?"

Shaking my head. "No, I didn't have time to. All I could think about was getting out of the ocean and then a current pulled me to the side and I had to swim against that. Until it was safe for me to get out."

He nods. "I'm going to ask that someone keeps an eye on you for 48 hrs because you might have a concussion from hitting your head." Looking at the door he adds. "I supposed that young man is going to demand that he's the one to look after you."

Of course, he would. Callum wouldn't trust me in the hands of anyone. This show is going to be a bit awkward when we return to the house. They're all going to know something is up.

A smile spreads across my face. "Of course he will. I bet he'd walk up to the producer of the show and tell them that he can't leave my side. As for the girls in there he'll make up something and they will believe him."

"I've been told that I can't say anything about what's happening here. However, I'm rooting for you and him to being together. I used to be like that boy out there and the best thing that happened to me was my wife who was also my best friend before we got together. I knew you two were best friends before I walked into the room. Seeing you together him brings back all the memories I had of that age with my wife."

"I would love to meet her someday."

He gives me a piece of paper. "When this show is over give me a call and I'll arrange for you to meet my wife and kids."

Taking the paper from him I slip it into my pocket. "Thanks."

Writing some notes down he gives me another slip of paper that's for some painkillers that will help with my head if I need.

I have to get someone from the production team to get it for me.

The doctor says. "Goodbye," before walking out of the room and letting Callum back in.

He moves quickly to the bed and climbs in beside me. "You should rest."

"I'm not tired..." he cuts me off by placing his lips on mine. Wrapping my arms around his neck I deepen the kiss before pulling away. "Fine, you win." Closing my eyes I let sleep take me away.

***

When I wake a couple of hours later there's a glass of water and tablets sitting on the nightstand with a note next to it.

Cassie

Please take these. If you're feeling better join us in the dining room for dinner.

Ps If you're not awake before dinner's served I'll bring it to you.

Love

Cal